* A summary with weekly processed actions using org-todo
@ 2016-12-12 17:10 Yann K.
From: Yann K. @ 2016-12-12 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

My life is relying on orgmode, from a personal standpoint (orgmode is
faster at reminding me pending actions to fix my house than my wife)
and to organize my actions at work pushing my mutt mails in org-mode
as tasks... all this works great. Special thanks to the team for this
superb work.

I was wondering if there was a way to help me in sorting tasks. I have
many actions/tasks during the week to process, some are done, some are
waiting for feedbacks... on Mondays, I would like to generate a
summary of the few actions that I changed the status during the last
n-days (week, month...). I checked the Worg and other places but was
not able to find the trick.

I'm pretty sure somebody had this need before but am not able to find
the answer.

Thanks for your time !

Yann

* Re: A summary with weekly processed actions using org-todo
@ 2017-01-14 19:50 ` Fabrice Niessen
From: Fabrice Niessen @ 2017-01-14 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Yann,

> My life is relying on orgmode, from a personal standpoint (orgmode is
> faster at reminding me pending actions to fix my house than my wife)
> and to organize my actions at work pushing my mutt mails in org-mode
> as tasks... all this works great. Special thanks to the team for this
> superb work.
>
> I was wondering if there was a way to help me in sorting tasks. I have
> many actions/tasks during the week to process, some are done, some are
> waiting for feedbacks... on Mondays, I would like to generate a
> summary of the few actions that I changed the status during the last
> n-days (week, month...). I checked the Worg and other places but was
> not able to find the trick.
>
> I'm pretty sure somebody had this need before but am not able to find
> the answer.

You may find some inspiration at the custom Org views I built in
https://github.com/fniessen/emacs-leuven/blob/master/org-leuven-agenda-views.txt
(literate programming file -- needs tangling).

The views are more for daily/weekly usage, but you could make them run
over a month by customizing them to your taste...

--
Best regards,
Fabrice Niessen