* Change mode in org-edit-special
@ 2018-02-02  5:07 edgar
From: edgar @ 2018-02-02  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Is there a safe way to change mode in an org-edit-special buffer?

I remember that someone mentioned something like this some months ago,
but I can't find it: If I change the mode within an org-edit-special
buffer, the region on the original buffer gets blocked (can't edit), and
neither C-c C-k nor C-c ' work to close the org-edit-special buffer. I
only know that closing both buffers and visiting the file again will get
rid of the problem.

Thanks.

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!

* Re: Change mode in org-edit-special
@ 2018-02-02 18:07 ` Berry, Charles
From: Berry, Charles @ 2018-02-02 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edgar@openmail.cc; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

> On Feb 1, 2018, at 9:07 PM, edgar@openmail.cc wrote:
>
> Is there a safe way to change mode in an org-edit-special buffer?

The safest thing would be to customize `org-src-lang-modes' so the buffer is created with the mode you want to edit in.

Or if you want to edit in that mode only occasionally write a small function that let-binds `org-src-lang-modes` to the value you need and use that function as needed to create the buffer in that mode.

As far as changing major mode while already editing, the responses here might help:

https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/21940/avoid-minor-modes-from-turning-off-when-changing-restarting-major-mode

HTH,

Chuck

* Re: Change mode in org-edit-special
@ 2018-02-03 19:56   ` edgar
From: edgar @ 2018-02-03 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Berry, Charles; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 2018-02-02 18:07, Berry, Charles wrote:
>> On Feb 1, 2018, at 9:07 PM, edgar@openmail.cc wrote:
>>
>> Is there a safe way to change mode in an org-edit-special buffer?
>
> The safest thing would be to customize `org-src-lang-modes' so the
> buffer is created with the mode you want to edit in.
>
> Or if you want to edit in that mode only occasionally write a small
> function that let-binds `org-src-lang-modes` to the value you need and
> use that function as needed to create the buffer in that mode.
>
> As far as changing major mode while already editing, the responses
> here might help:
>
> https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/21940/avoid-minor-modes-from-turning-off-when-changing-restarting-major-mode
>
> HTH,
>
> Chuck