* freezed with session.el
@ 2006-04-09  3:41 T.Okano
From: T.Okano @ 2006-04-09  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

When session.el is set, and org.el is used, I cannot save and close
an org-mode file.
Will evasion be possible?

http://emacs-session.sourceforge.net/

emacs:22.0.50.1
org.el:4.19c
--
T.Okano

* Re: freezed with session.el
@ 2006-04-09  9:39 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-04-09  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: T.Okano; +Cc: wedler, emacs-orgmode

On Apr 9, 2006, at 5:41, T.Okano wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When session.el is set, and org.el is used, I cannot save and close
> an org-mode file.
> Will evasion be possible?
>
> http://emacs-session.sourceforge.net/
> emacs:22.0.50.1
> org.el:4.19c

It seems that session gets stuck when trying to save the value of
`org-mark-ring'.  Org-mark-ring is a truely cyclic variable, a list
that at some point references itself.  So you can take the cdr of this
value a million times and not get to the end.

I guess you yourself can fix this for now by adding `org-mark-ring' to
`session-globals-exclude'.

However, really I think that this is a bug in session.el that should be
fixed there, because any package using a similar construct will get
stuck with session.el

Maybe you want to send a bug-report to the maintainer of session.el?  I
am putting Christoph into the CC.

- Carsten

> --
> T.Okano