* Wishlist: indicate language in LaTeX export of literal source examples
@ 2010-02-09  0:10 Hsiu-Khuern Tang
From: Hsiu-Khuern Tang @ 2010-02-09  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

(Resending because of earlier problems -- my apologies if this is a duplicate!)

Hi,

Currently, literal examples (#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE and #+BEGIN_SRC) are exported to

\begin{verbatim}
\end{verbatim}

in LaTeX.  For #+BEGIN_SRC blocks, could we indicate the language in a
LaTeX comment, e.g.,

#+BEGIN_SRC R
#+END_SRC

becomes

% R
\begin{verbatim}
\end{verbatim}

I'm trying to post-process the LaTeX output, and knowing the language would
help me.

Thanks!

--
Best,
Hsiu-Khuern.

* Re: Wishlist: indicate language in LaTeX export of literal source examples
@ 2010-02-09  2:11 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-02-09  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hsiu-Khuern Tang; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Hsiu-Khuern,

This may be overkill, but you could try the following which will
indicate the source-code language in the generated .tex

;; tell org to use listings
(setq org-export-latex-listings t)

If you actually want to use the listings package you can also include
the following

;; you must include the listings package
(add-to-list 'org-export-latex-packages-alist '("" "listings"))
;; if you want colored source code then you need to include the color package
(add-to-list 'org-export-latex-packages-alist '("" "color"))

in either case a block such as

#+begin_src R
#+end_src

will export to

\lstset{language=R}
\begin{lstlisting}
\end{lstlisting}

Best -- Eric

@ 2010-02-09 17:51   ` Hsiu-Khuern Tang
From: Hsiu-Khuern Tang @ 2010-02-09 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Eric,

Thanks for telling me about this solution.  It is somewhat of an
overkill, but I'll take it :)  The listings documentation is also
quite impressive.

-- Hsiu-Khuern.