* Use environment variable for location of templates?
@ 2009-06-19 16:39 Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2009-06-19 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I'm a beginner at lisp/emacs, and realize this is a basic question.

I would like to use an environment variable WORKDIR to specify the
directory where
my remember templates are located.

I would like to have a template located in WORKDIR/tasks.org

Using the code below, when I invoke remember-mode and press "t", I get
the default
remember template instead of the WORKDIR/tasks.org.

;; I can get the value of WORKDIR successfully
(setq org-directory (getenv "WORKDIR"))

(setq org-remember-templates
      '(
	("Personal" ?p "* %U %?\n\n  %i\n  %a" "~/Documents/personal/notes.org")
	("Work Tasks" ?t "* TODO %U %?\n\n  %i\n  %a" (concat org-directory
"tasks.org"))
))

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,