* Another LaTeX export corner case...
@ 2010-12-08  7:32 Richard Lawrence
From: Richard Lawrence @ 2010-12-08  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

This evening, I noticed that the footnote syntax breaks if you use LaTeX
commands with an optional argument inside a footnote, e.g.:

* Some headline
Blah blah blah blah[fn:: This enlightened message brought to you by
\cite[p. 100]{SomeBibKey}]

The internal square brackets in the \cite command cause the whole
footnote to be escaped/exported literally (i.e., "[fn:: ..." appears in
the text of the document).

Is this a bug, or something that I must learn an Org incantation to work
around?

Thanks!
Richard

* Re: Another LaTeX export corner case...
@ 2010-12-08 21:53 ` Scot Becker
From: Scot Becker @ 2010-12-08 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Lawrence; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Is this a bug, or something that I must learn an Org incantation to work
> around?
>
> Well it's a bug in the sense that it's undesirable behaviour.  I use the
somewhat ugly workaround of just switching to LaTeX \footnote{} commands
just for those footnotes where I need optional arguments.   But I'd be glad
not to have to mix footnote commands.

Scot

* Re: Another LaTeX export corner case...
@ 2010-12-09  0:32   ` richard.lawrence
From: richard.lawrence @ 2010-12-09  0:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scot Becker; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Scot Becker writes:

> I use the
> somewhat ugly workaround of just switching to LaTeX \footnote{} commands
> just for those footnotes where I need optional arguments.   But I'd be
> glad
> not to have to mix footnote commands.

Ah, I hadn't thought of that.  Thanks!

Richard