* State Change with diary-float
@ 2010-02-07 19:51 Nick Parker
From: Nick Parker @ 2010-02-07 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

All,

I have several events that occur on a monthly basis where I use diary-float
sexp for recurrence.  Something like the following:

Some Meeting
SCHEDULED: <2010-02-04 Thu <%%(diary-float t 4 1)>>

I have noticed that while the sexp will correctly reschedule the item for
me, it only tracks the state of the single entry.  So when I complete the
task and change it's state to DONE, the item no long repeats the schedule
for the future.  I therefore tried to remove the DONE and TODO states for my
repeating events entirely (but left the schedule sexp), however when I view
my agenda, I see an entry for the current day that says:

Sched. 4x Some Meeting

Where "Some Meeting" was in the past.  Is there a way to tell it to not
prompt me for a previously scheduled item, but still use the diary-float
scheduling for items in the future?

Nick Parker
www.developernotes.com

* Re: State Change with diary-float
@ 2010-02-07 20:51 ` Ryan Thompson
From: Ryan Thompson @ 2010-02-07 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Parker; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

From the Org Manual:

SCHEDULED
     Meaning: you are planning to start working on that task on the
     given date.

In other words, if you just want to mark the date and time at which an
event (like a meeting) will occur, don't use a scheduled timestamp.
Just use an unadorned timestamp (C-c .).

@ 2010-02-07 20:59   ` Nick Parker
From: Nick Parker @ 2010-02-07 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryan Thompson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode