* org-skip-comments should do case-sensitive match?
@ 2007-04-09 13:28 William Henney
From: William Henney @ 2007-04-09 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi list

First of all, thanks to Carsten for a great piece of software. I'm not
sure it actually makes me more efficient, but it's certainly a lot of
fun... I've been happily using org 4.53 since November, slowly
accumulating a list of minor bugs and feature requests. I finally
thought I'd better report them to the list, so I installed the latest
version (4.70) and found that nearly all of them had been fixed!

Here is one that hasn't.

I think that it would be better if org-skip-comments were to
temporarily set case-fold-search to nil before doing the string-match
in line 16870 of org.el. I have been caught out by this twice now - I
have made a heading named something like "Comments on the draft paper"
and then been puzzled when neither it nor its children gets exported.
I realise that this can be worked around by adding some unlikely
characters to org-comment-string, but that seems a bit of an ugly
hack.

Cheers

Will

P.S. [OT] I love reftex mode too - has this gone into maintenance mode
because you regard it as feature complete?

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia

* Re: org-skip-comments should do case-sensitive match?
@ 2007-04-11  5:02 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-04-11  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Henney; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 9, 2007, at 15:28, William Henney wrote:

> I think that it would be better if org-skip-comments were to
> temporarily set case-fold-search to nil before doing the string-match
> in line 16870 of org.el.

Fixed for next release, thanks.

> P.S. [OT] I love reftex mode too - has this gone into maintenance mode
> because you regard it as feature complete?

Mostly because Org-mode is taking up all my development time now,
and also becasue I have not made major changes for a long time now.
I am sure that Ralf and the other people at the AUCTeX project
will come up with interesting new features eventually.

- Carsten