* Status of syntax specification
@ 2020-05-17  9:54 Gerry Agbobada
From: Gerry Agbobada @ 2020-05-17  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I found on Worg a "draft" for org syntax description : https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html

Do you think this paper marked as draft is good enough to use as a source to make a parser ?  <https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html>
I think it'd be nice to try to finalize this ; but I don't know who to contact to see how I can help
 if I know almost nothing about standards and technical writing.

Best regards,
Gerry Agbobada

* Re: Status of syntax specification
@ 2020-05-18 13:55 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2020-05-18 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerry Agbobada; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

"Gerry Agbobada" <gerry@gagbo.net> writes:

> I found on Worg a "draft" for org syntax description : https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html
>
> Do you think this paper marked as draft is good enough to use as
> a source to make a parser ?

It is "good enough", but possibly slightly inaccurate at some points.

It would need proof reading, and comparing with "org-element.el", the
actual implementation of the syntax. Formalization may be better better,
too.

> I think it'd be nice to try to finalize this ; but I don't know who to contact to see how I can help
> if I know almost nothing about standards and technical writing.

Reading it and comparing with documentation might help.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Status of syntax specification
@ 2020-05-19  8:44   ` Gerry Agbobada
From: Gerry Agbobada @ 2020-05-19  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)