* Total amount of efforts estimates per file
@ 2020-03-20  9:20 dkrm
From: dkrm @ 2020-03-20  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have a per-project workflow, where each file is a project and every top headlines is a task in the project. At the beginning of a project I create the tasks for it and add an effort to each tasks. Then I want to have the sum of the efforts for the whole project. At this time there is no clocked time yet so, unfortunately, a clocktable doesn't work.

The closest that I could get was to create a 'columnview' dynamic block. With this Org file:

* NEXT task1
:PROPERTIES:
:Effort:   0:10
:END:
* NEXT task2
:PROPERTIES:
:EFFORT:   4:30
:END:
** NEXT subtask2-1
:PROPERTIES:
:Effort:   3:00
:END:
** NEXT subtask2-2
:PROPERTIES:
:Effort:   1:30
:END:
* NEXT task3
** NEXT subtask3-1
* NEXT task4

The columnview dynamic block produces this:

#+BEGIN: columnview :hlines 1 :id global :format "%50ITEM(Task) %Effort{:}"
| Task       | Effort |
|------------+--------|
| task1      |   0:10 |
|------------+--------|
| task2      |   4:30 |
| subtask2-1 |   3:00 |
| subtask2-2 |   1:30 |
| task3      |        |
| subtask3-1 |        |
| task4      |        |

But the efforts total is not calculated. Is there a way to get it?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-03-20  9:21 UTC | newest]