* mark check list items as `skipped'
@ 2007-01-24 23:24 timotheus
From: timotheus @ 2007-01-24 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am wondering if there is a built-in way to do the following with
`org-mode'. If not, then I am interested in usage approaches, and maybe even
considering this as a feature request.

For my own check lists, I prefer that each check box have the following
appearance:

** TODO items to purchase for project
   - [ ] an item in the list, incomplete
   - [X] an item in the list, complete
   - [N] an item in the list that will never be performed

What do other people do when a check list item is no longer valid; or you
changed your mind? Archive it? Deleting a valid item, after choosing to skip
it, seems a fallacious approach to organization; so the goal is a simple way to
mark the item as skipped.

For some reason, I have always thought of a check list item as being congruent
to a 3-value enumerated type.

-timotheus

* Re: mark check list items as `skipped'
@ 2007-01-25  1:03 ` Eddward DeVilla
From: Eddward DeVilla @ 2007-01-25  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: timotheus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I manually mark it [*] or [_].  I haven't really settled on a pattern
or semantics.  Before org-mode and hnb before that, I think I used
    _ - not started
    v - in progress
    x - done
    s - skipped or scratched