* setting time for agenda items
@ 2007-02-20 14:22 bastre
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: bastre @ 2007-02-20 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

org-mode users:

I have recently started using org-mode instead of MS Outlook.  I like what I see.  I have a question that I cannot seem to find the answer to: For scheduled events (org-schedule function), how do I set the appointment time?  For example, I have a doctors appointment on 02/23/2007 at 2:15pm. How do I include the 2:15pm on the calendar- not just the date?  I verified the org-agenda-include-diary is set to "t".

Thanks so much in advance!

--Bastre

* Re: setting time for agenda items
@ 2007-02-21 13:49 ` Bastien
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Bastien @ 2007-02-21 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

bastre@reevesnet.org writes:

> For example, I have a doctors appointment on 02/23/2007 at
> 2:15pm. How do I include the 2:15pm on the calendar- not just the
> date?

* Doctor appointment
  SCHEDULED: <2007-02-23 Fri 14:15>

?

--
Bastien

* Re: setting time for agenda items
@ 2007-02-21 13:49 ` Jason F. McBrayer
From: Jason F. McBrayer @ 2007-02-21 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 07:22 -0700, bastre@reevesnet.org wrote:
> For scheduled events (org-schedule function), how do I set the appointment time?

Instead of typing C-c C-z to insert a scheduled item, type C-u C-c C-z,
and it will include a time stamp instead of just a date stamp.  The time
will be the current time, so you'll have to edit it.  Hope this helps.

| Jason F. McBrayer                    jmcbray@carcosa.net  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |

* Re: setting time for agenda items
@ 2007-02-21 15:39   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-02-21 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, bastre

On Feb 21, 2007, at 14:49, Bastien wrote:

> bastre@reevesnet.org writes:
>
>> For example, I have a doctors appointment on 02/23/2007 at
>> 2:15pm. How do I include the 2:15pm on the calendar- not just the
>> date?
>
> * Doctor appointment
>   SCHEDULED: <2007-02-23 Fri 14:15>

It is not yet convenient to enter a time when setting a deadline or a
schedule.
I'll change this in 4.66, so that you can simply type a time at the
prompt
during C-c C-d and C-c C-s.

Thanks.

- Carsten

* Re: setting time for agenda items
@ 2007-02-21 15:41 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-02-21 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bastre; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 20, 2007, at 15:22, bastre@reevesnet.org wrote:

> org-mode users:
>
> I have recently started using org-mode instead of MS Outlook.  I like
> what I see.  I have a question that I cannot seem to find the answer
> to: For scheduled events (org-schedule function), how do I set the
> appointment time?  For example, I have a doctors appointment on
> 02/23/2007 at 2:15pm. How do I include the 2:15pm on the calendar- not
> just the date?  I verified the org-agenda-include-diary is set to "t".

This is an appointment, so I would suggest to not "schedule" this, but
simply add a plain time stamp in the way jason suggests.

- Carsten

* Re: setting time for agenda items
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2007-02-21 16:27 ` Scott Jaderholm