* headline and a table
@ 2018-12-29 14:41 Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2018-12-29 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have an orgmode table and a note in a headline and those two need to
stay together in the same file.  The table as is usual has headings.  What
I would like to know is if orgmode can do a boxed heading like this:
|------|-------|
| date | notes |
|------|-------|

I can live with plus signs being used in such a structure but think this
kind of table heading would work better than:

* note
| date | notes |
|------|-------|

* Re: headline and a table
@ 2019-01-02 14:51 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2019-01-02 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jude DaShiell; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Saturday, 29 Dec 2018 at 09:41, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> I have an orgmode table and a note in a headline and those two need to
> stay together in the same file.  The table as is usual has headings.  What
> I would like to know is if orgmode can do a boxed heading like this:
> |------|-------|
> | date | notes |
> |------|-------|

Yes, orgmode will definitely allow you to have:

|------+-------|
| date | notes |
|------+-------|

which you can achieve by typing

"| date | notes C-u C-c - C-c -"

(without the quotes, and there are other ways of achieving the same)

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.14-1035-gfeb442

* Re: headline and a table
@ 2019-01-02 15:29   ` Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2019-01-02 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode