* org table clean up command
@ 2016-11-18 18:33 Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2016-11-18 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I wrote a table in org-mode and a certain column in that table should have
all content entries starting in character position 32.  I ran cut on the
table and sent output to another file in order to inspect my work and
found at least one line of the table for that column had content starting
in column 28.  I opened the file again in org-mode and located the row and
column and checked the content start position and that showed as being in
column 32.  So this brings up two questions.
1) When I saved that org file after checking it and found content output
starting in column 32 rather than in character position 28, did org-mode
clean up the table for me?
2) If org-mode did not clean up the table, does a command exist I can use
to cause such a clean up to happen?

* Re: org table clean up command
@ 2016-11-18 18:41 Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2016-11-18 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I ran another check, and there is serious reason to like and use org-mode!
org-mode did to the automatic clean up on that column when I saved the org
table file with emacs.  I find this to be very helpful.