* Beginning with org-babel.
@ 2022-02-25  1:20 Steven Harris
From: Steven Harris @ 2022-02-25  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi All

Ansible is a system configuration-management tool that is based on
"playbooks".  These are collections of mostly YAML files, but also Jinja2
templates and unix configuration files.  To execute one needs to run a unix
shell command with a python virtualenv set up and usually some environment
variables set.

Painfully much of this lives fragmented in a nested directory structure,
many of the files in which are named "main.yml".   Sometimes  the same
information has to be set in two places with incompatible formats , such as
a config file and an environment variable.

I am trying to bring some literate programming to bear on this can of worms
so have reached for Babel.  It's my first use of it.

The current problem is that I have a config file that I want to substitute
a value into.  I want the conf-mode highlighting.  Conf is not a
programming language of course, just a text format.

I'm trying something like

#+begin_src conf :tangle yes :noweb yes
  [defaults]
  private_key_file = <<ssh_private_key_file>>
#+end_src

I have tried something similar to the SQL comment example in the
documentation to no avail and also setting :var headers. How can I
substitute a value here?

Cheers

Steven