* Understanding org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels
@ 2012-02-19 23:11 lbmlist
From: lbmlist @ 2012-02-19 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

If I have something like:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
 	  '(("Q"  "Q-Who" todo "IMPLEMENT" ((org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels t)))
))

in my .emacs

and I have

*** IMPLEMENT explore slash type [1/3]
  - [X] Explore checkbox list
  - [ ] Look at the export
  - [ ] And so on

*** IMPLEMENT explore percent type [33%]
**** IMPLEMENT the exploration
**** FINISHED an early step
**** PLAN a third subtask

does (org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels t) mean I should see the subtasks in
the custom view? This doesn't seem to work for me.

I get

  Coding:     IMPLEMENT explore slash type [1/3]

  Coding:     IMPLEMENT  explore percent type [33%]
  Coding:     IMPLEMENT the exploration

alternatively,

how should I set up my custom view to see the subtasks?

Thanks for any assistance,

Louis

* Re: Understanding org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels
@ 2012-02-20  1:41 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2012-02-20  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lbmlist; +Cc: Org Mode List

lbmlist@hethcote.com writes:

> If I have something like:
>
> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
> 	  '(("Q"  "Q-Who" todo "IMPLEMENT" ((org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels t)))
> ))
>
> in my .emacs
>
> and I have
>

> *** IMPLEMENT explore slash type [1/3]
>  - [X] Explore checkbox list
>  - [ ] Look at the export
>  - [ ] And so on
>

> *** IMPLEMENT explore percent type [33%]
> **** IMPLEMENT the exploration
> **** FINISHED an early step
> **** PLAN a third subtask
>

> does (org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels t) mean I should see the subtasks
> in the custom view? This doesn't seem to work for me.
>
> I get
>
>  Coding:     IMPLEMENT explore slash type [1/3]
>

>  Coding:     IMPLEMENT  explore percent type [33%]
>  Coding:     IMPLEMENT the exploration
>
> alternatively,
>
> how should I set up my custom view to see the subtasks?

Hi Louis,

I think we need more information.  In a todo agenda view you should see
the tasks and any subtasks that are not in a done state.
Your view already shows

>  Coding:     IMPLEMENT  explore percent type [33%]
>  Coding:     IMPLEMENT the exploration

which is the task and one of the subtasks.  If FINISHED is a done state
you won't get that in the view.  I think PLAN should also be listed (if
it is a todo state and not a done state)

How are your todo keywords defined?

Regards,
Bernt

* Re: Understanding org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels
@ 2012-02-20  3:34   ` lbmlist
From: lbmlist @ 2012-02-20  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: lbmlist, Org Mode List

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012, Bernt Hansen wrote:

> lbmlist@hethcote.com writes:
>
>> If I have something like:
>>
>> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>> 	  '(("Q"  "Q-Who" todo "IMPLEMENT" ((org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels t)))
>> ))

> Hi Louis,
>
> I think we need more information.  In a todo agenda view you should see
> the tasks and any subtasks that are not in a done state.
> Your view already shows
>
>>  Coding:     IMPLEMENT  explore percent type [33%]
>>  Coding:     IMPLEMENT the exploration
>
> which is the task and one of the subtasks.  If FINISHED is a done state
> you won't get that in the view.  I think PLAN should also be listed (if
> it is a todo state and not a done state)
>
> How are your todo keywords defined?

(setq org-todo-keywords (quote (
(sequence "TODO" "|" "DONE")
(sequence "SCHEDULE" "INPROCESS" "|" "COMPLETED")
(sequence "IMAGINE" "PLAN" "IMPLEMENT" "HOLD" "|" "FINISHED" "ABANDONED")
)))

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
   '(("Y"  "Q-Who" todo "IMPLEMENT" ((org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels t)))
))

it occurs to me that the `todo "IMPLEMENT"` match hides the PLAN and the
"FINISHED" is out of the view by default so that it is actually
functioning as designed WRT the

*** IMPLEMENT  explore percent type [33%]

todo.