* Importing from LaTeX
@ 2014-01-25  0:09 William Denton
From: William Denton @ 2014-01-25  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have a couple of big files that I'd like to move from LaTeX to Org, and
wondered if there's already an easier way to manage this than to do a
bunch of tedious searching and replacing on \section and \begin{quote} and
the like.

I found this thread in the list archives, from about three years ago,
where Marvin Doyley had the same question:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/34020

Matt Lundin said he'd hacked up something in Perl and he'd put it in Worg,
but I can't find it in there ... Matt, did you ever post it?

Thanks,

Bill
--
William Denton
Toronto, Canada

* Re: Importing from LaTeX
@ 2014-01-25  1:01 ` Anthony Lander
From: Anthony Lander @ 2014-01-25  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Denton, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Mode

Hi William,

Take a look at pandoc (http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/). It reads and
writes several markup formats, including LaTeX and org.

Hope this helps,

 -Anthony

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 7:09 PM, William Denton <wtd@pobox.com> wrote:

> I have a couple of big files that I'd like to move from LaTeX to Org, and
> wondered if there's already an easier way to manage this than to do a bunch
> of tedious searching and replacing on \section and \begin{quote} and the
> like.
>
> I found this thread in the list archives, from about three years ago,
> where Marvin Doyley had the same question:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/34020
>
> Matt Lundin said he'd hacked up something in Perl and he'd put it in Worg,
> but I can't find it in there ... Matt, did you ever post it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill
> --
> William Denton
> Toronto, Canada
> http://www.miskatonic.org/

* Re: Importing from LaTeX
@ 2014-01-25  1:52   ` William Denton
From: William Denton @ 2014-01-25  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Lander; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Mode

On 24 January 2014, Anthony Lander wrote:

> Take a look at pandoc (http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/). It reads and
> writes several markup formats, including LaTeX and org.

Thanks!  I completely forgot about pandoc.

$ pandoc --no-wrap foo.latex -o foo.org

did the job beautifully (once I'd converted all my compactitem lists to
itemize).

Bill
--
William Denton