* TODO list in new buffer?
@ 2010-01-06  1:15 Sam Cramer
From: Sam Cramer @ 2010-01-06  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm a new org-mode user.  It's a really nice piece of work, and I'm having a
good time using it to organize a bunch of work-related tasks!

I can't figure out how to create a list of all the TODO items in an org file
in a new buffer.  I'd like to have the TODO list in one buffer and the org
file in another, so I can refer to the TODO list while editing the org file.
 I looked through the manual and didn't see a way to do this, though it's
possible that I overlooked a relevant section.

Thanks,
Sam

* Re: TODO list in new buffer?
@ 2010-01-06  3:26 ` Maurizio Vitale
From: Maurizio Vitale @ 2010-01-06  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

    Sam> I'm a new org-mode user.  It's a really nice piece of work, and
    Sam> I'm having a good time using it to organize a bunch of
    Sam> work-related tasks!

    Sam> I can't figure out how to create a list of all the TODO items
    Sam> in an org file in a new buffer.  I'd like to have the TODO list
    Sam> in one buffer and the org file in another, so I can refer to
    Sam> the TODO list while editing the org file.  I looked through the
    Sam> manual and didn't see a way to do this, though it's possible
    Sam> that I overlooked a relevant section.

C-c a t (org-todo-list) might be what you're looking for.
oth,

        Maurizio

* Re: TODO list in new buffer?
@ 2010-01-06  4:27 ` Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira @ 2010-01-06  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam Cramer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Use M-x clone-indirect-buffer to create another buffer that points to the org
file and then C-c C-v (org-show-todo-tree) in one of the buffers to show the
TODO items.

If all your TODO items are in a subtree you can also go to that subtree and use
C-c C-x b (org-tree-to-indirect-buffer) to create an indirect buffer narrowed to
that subtree.

- Darlan Cavalcante Moreira

At Tue, 5 Jan 2010 17:15:32 -0800,
Sam Cramer <samcramer@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a new org-mode user.  It's a really nice piece of work, and I'm having a
> good time using it to organize a bunch of work-related tasks!
>
> I can't figure out how to create a list of all the TODO items in an org file
> in a new buffer.  I'd like to have the TODO list in one buffer and the org
> file in another, so I can refer to the TODO list while editing the org file.
>  I looked through the manual and didn't see a way to do this, though it's
> possible that I overlooked a relevant section.
>
> Thanks,
> Sam

* Re: Re: TODO list in new buffer?
@ 2010-01-06 19:04   ` Sam Cramer
From: Sam Cramer @ 2010-01-06 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: maurizio.vitale; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks.  I had tried that, but nothing happened; I didn't understand that I
needed to add the file to the list of agenda files.  "C-c [" followed by "C
a t" did the trick.

Sam

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Maurizio Vitale
<mav@cuma.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me> wrote:

>    Sam> I'm a new org-mode user.  It's a really nice piece of work, and
>    Sam> I'm having a good time using it to organize a bunch of
>    Sam> work-related tasks!
>
>    Sam> I can't figure out how to create a list of all the TODO items
>    Sam> in an org file in a new buffer.  I'd like to have the TODO list
>    Sam> in one buffer and the org file in another, so I can refer to
>    Sam> the TODO list while editing the org file.  I looked through the
>    Sam> manual and didn't see a way to do this, though it's possible
>    Sam> that I overlooked a relevant section.
>
> C-c a t (org-todo-list) might be what you're looking for.
> oth,
>
>        Maurizio

* Re: TODO list in new buffer?
@ 2010-01-06 19:06   ` Sam Cramer