* TODO state for heading intersection?
@ 2023-01-09  9:24 Jean Louis
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Jean Louis @ 2023-01-09  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is there a way to change TODO state for intersection of headings, for example, for some headings by tag to change the TODO state at once?

Jean

* Re: TODO state for heading intersection?
@ 2023-01-09 22:42 ` David Masterson
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: David Masterson @ 2023-01-09 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Louis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> Is there a way to change TODO state for intersection of headings, for example, for some headings by tag to change the TODO state at once?

Org-Edna...?

--
David Masterson

* Re: TODO state for heading intersection?
@ 2023-01-09 22:45 ` David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2023-01-09 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Louis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> Is there a way to change TODO state for intersection of headings, for example, for some headings by tag to change the TODO state at once?

Org-Elpa...?

--
David Masterson

* Re: TODO state for heading intersection?
@ 2023-01-10  1:40 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2023-01-10  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Louis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

idk if i understand your q but you can do agenda on tag and then batch command.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com

* Re: TODO state for heading intersection?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2023-01-10 17:41 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2023-01-10 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> Is there a way to change TODO state for intersection of headings,
> for example, for some headings by tag to change the TODO state at
> once?

IIUC, you can use `org-map-entries` to apply the function `org-todo`
(or a different function if you want) to a collection of nodes in a
file that are specified through tags/properties matches:

   (org-map-entries #'org-todo "LEVEL=1" 'file)

will apply it to top-level nodes only.

See

   (info "(org)Using the Mapping API")

and

   (info "(org)Matching tags and properties")

--
Nick

* Re: TODO state for heading intersection?
@ 2023-01-11 17:51   ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2023-01-11 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

* Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> [2023-01-10 04:41]:
> idk if i understand your q but you can do agenda on tag and then batch command.

Thanks, what batch command do you mean?

Do you mean this one:

org-batch-agenda is an autoloaded Lisp macro in ‘org-agenda.el’.

(org-batch-agenda CMD-KEY &rest PARAMETERS)

Run an agenda command in batch mode and send the result to STDOUT.
If CMD-KEY is a string of length 1, it is used as a key in
‘org-agenda-custom-commands’ and triggers this command.  If it is a
longer string it is used as a tags/todo match string.
Parameters are alternating variable names and values that will be bound
before running the agenda command.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/

* Re: TODO state for heading intersection?
@ 2023-01-11 17:58   ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2023-01-11 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

* Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> [2023-01-10 20:53]:
> IIUC, you can use `org-map-entries` to apply the function `org-todo`
> (or a different function if you want) to a collection of nodes in a
> file that are specified through tags/properties matches:
>
>    (org-map-entries #'org-todo "LEVEL=1" 'file)
>
> will apply it to top-level nodes only.
>
> See
>
>    (info "(org)Using the Mapping API")
>
> and
>
>    (info "(org)Matching tags and properties")

Programmatically I can do it in many ways.

I speak of doing it in easy manner.

I am thankful for all people who answered, though I found solution:

1. Run Org Agenda on keyword.

2. Mark the items

3. Invoke "B" for bulk action

4. Change the state of TODO.