* Texinfo in Org-Mode but with texinfo syntax highlighting
@ 2020-09-20  3:24 Christopher Dimech
From: Christopher Dimech @ 2020-09-20  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Compeers,

I am writing a document in texinfo, but I also have some commands in
Org-Mode so that if I change my Emacs Major Mode to Org-Mode
I get an easy way to traverse my texinfo code. However I would like
to keep the syntax highlighting as the use set for texinfo, rather than
that of org-mode. I share a way to do that?

---------------------
Christopher Dimech
Chief Administrator - Naiad Informatics - GNU Project (Geocomputation)
- Geophysical Simulation
- Geological Subsurface Mapping
- Disaster Preparedness and Mitigation
- Natural Resource Exploration and Production
- Free Software Advocacy

* Re: Texinfo in Org-Mode but with texinfo syntax highlighting
@ 2020-09-23  7:25 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-23  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Christopher,

Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:

> I am writing a document in texinfo, but I also have some commands in
> Org-Mode so that if I change my Emacs Major Mode to Org-Mode
> I get an easy way to traverse my texinfo code. However I would like
> to keep the syntax highlighting as the use set for texinfo, rather than
> that of org-mode. I share a way to do that?

There is some code out there to let you run multiple major modes in
Emacs, I would look into that:

See https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MultipleModes and perhaps check
for https://github.com/purcell/mmm-mode

2 cents,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Texinfo in Org-Mode but with texinfo syntax highlighting
@ 2020-09-23 21:28   ` David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2020-09-23 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:

>> I am writing a document in texinfo, but I also have some commands in
>> Org-Mode so that if I change my Emacs Major Mode to Org-Mode
>> I get an easy way to traverse my texinfo code. However I would like
>> to keep the syntax highlighting as the use set for texinfo, rather than
>> that of org-mode. I share a way to do that?

> There is some code out there to let you run multiple major modes in
> Emacs, I would look into that:

> See https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MultipleModes and perhaps check
> for https://github.com/purcell/mmm-mode

> 2 cents,

Further 2 cents (now we're up to 4 cents ;-) ):

There is a folding minor mode on MELPA that seems to be what you want
instead of org-mode.  You just embed fold markers in a comment (what's a
comment for texinfo?) and fold away.

However, why not consider writing your document with Org and then export
to Texinfo?
--
David Masterson