* Export org file to pdf: unable to resolve link
@ 2016-02-10 19:10 Sergio Bacelar
From: Sergio Bacelar @ 2016-02-10 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am trying with no success to export the most important text from Vikas Rawal https://github.com/vikasrawal/orgpaper/blob/master/orgpapers.org <https://github.com/vikasrawal/orgpaper/blob/master/orgpapers.org> to pdf via LaTeX. I tried C-c C-e l o but I obtain always the error message “Unable to resolve link readata-code”.
This happens because the link readapt-code is not working:

Code block [[readdata-code]] is an example of such a code block. Note
~:results value silent~ switch used in the  ~#+begin_src~ line.

#+BEGIN_SRC org
  ,#+NAME: readdata-code
  ,#+BEGIN_SRC R :results value silent

  read.data("datafile1.csv",sep=",",header=T)->mydata1

  ,#+END_SRC
#+END_SRC

If #+NAME was not inside the SRC block and there was no comma before #+NAME the link should work.
Does anyone can help me to export this file to pdf?

* Re: Export org file to pdf: unable to resolve link
@ 2016-02-11  0:03 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-02-11  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergio Bacelar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Sergio Bacelar <sergio.bacelar@gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying with no success to export the most important text from
> Vikas Rawal
> https://github.com/vikasrawal/orgpaper/blob/master/orgpapers.org
> <https://github.com/vikasrawal/orgpaper/blob/master/orgpapers.org> to
> pdf via LaTeX. I tried C-c C-e l o but I obtain always the error
> message “Unable to resolve link readata-code”.
> This happens because the link readapt-code is not working:
>

> Code block [[readdata-code]] is an example of such a code block. Note
> ~:results value silent~ switch used in the  ~#+begin_src~ line.
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC org
>   ,#+NAME: readdata-code
>   ,#+BEGIN_SRC R :results value silent
>
>   read.data("datafile1.csv",sep=",",header=T)->mydata1
>

>   ,#+END_SRC
> #+END_SRC
>
> If #+NAME was not inside the SRC block and there was no comma before #+NAME the link should work.
> Does anyone can help me to export this file to pdf?

Couldn't you also copy #+NAME: readdata-code outside of the block?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Export org file to pdf: unable to resolve link
@ 2016-02-11 10:17   ` Sergio Bacelar
From: Sergio Bacelar @ 2016-02-11 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Yes, that will work but I hoped that the file
 won't need to be changed to be exported to
pdf.

Regards,
Sergio Bacelar

* Re: Export org file to pdf: unable to resolve link
@ 2016-02-11 10:36     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-02-11 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergio Bacelar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Sergio Bacelar <sergio.bacelar@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, that will work but I hoped that the file
>  won't need to be changed to be exported to
> pdf.

You may ask for an upstream update, the syntax used in the document is
invalid (i.e., an internal link pointing to no active location).

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Export org file to pdf: unable to resolve link
@ 2016-02-11 13:06       ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2016-02-11 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergio Bacelar, emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 4:36 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sergio Bacelar <sergio.bacelar@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Yes, that will work but I hoped that the file
>>  won't need to be changed to be exported to
>> pdf.
>
> You may ask for an upstream update, the syntax used in the document is
> invalid (i.e., an internal link pointing to no active location).

Echoing this, and I think Vikas would want to know as well since it
looks like a [awesome] document designed for reproducibility.

John

@ 2016-02-13  2:04         ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2016-02-13  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 11-Feb-2016, at 6:36 pm, John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 4:36 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Sergio Bacelar <sergio.bacelar@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Yes, that will work but I hoped that the file
>>> won't need to be changed to be exported to
>>> pdf.
>>
>> You may ask for an upstream update, the syntax used in the document is
>> invalid (i.e., an internal link pointing to no active location).
>
> Echoing this, and I think Vikas would want to know as well since it
> looks like a [awesome] document designed for reproducibility.

My apologies to all for not being able to attend to the fix promptly. As it turned out, I had sometime noticed the bug, fixed it in my local copy and forgotten to push it to the remote. So my local copy was happily compiling.

I have now pushed my latest version. Please see if it compiles for you now.

Since I wrote this manual, I have learnt a few more things, and would like to update the manual. I hope to be able to do it in a few days.

Thanks everyone,

Vikas