* Problem with python source block
@ 2018-05-26  5:06 Doyley, Marvin M.
From: Doyley, Marvin M. @ 2018-05-26  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi there,

When I run the following code I get an error, does anybody know how to fix this

I am using the latest version of org-mode.

#+BEGIN_SRC python :results file
import numpy as np
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import seaborn as sns
x = np.random.rand(100)
y= np.cos(x)
plt.plot(x,y)
plt.savefig('test.png')
return 'test.png'
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
[[file:  File "Org SRC", line 8
    return 'test.png'
    ^
SyntaxError: 'return' outside function
]]

* Re: Problem with python source block
@ 2018-05-26  5:29 ` Thibault Marin
From: Thibault Marin @ 2018-05-26  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doyley, Marvin M.; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi,

For what it's worth, I cannot reproduce it on Org mode version 9.1.13
(release_9.1.13-763-g2621db) with -Q; the file is properly produced.

I get the same error if I add the `session' header argument, maybe it is
set elsewhere?

Hope it helps.

thibault

@ 2018-05-26 10:00 ` Van L
From: Van L @ 2018-05-26 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doyley, Marvin M.; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

> Doyley, Marvin M. writes:
>
> I get an error

I get a reproduction of your error outside of Emacs and Org Mode.

Adapting an example from the list’s archive, the following works.

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp :results none
  (org-babel-do-load-languages
   'org-babel-load-languages
   '((python . t)))
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC python :results output
  a = 5
  b = 16
  print(a + b)

#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: 21

* Re: Problem with python source block
@ 2018-05-26 13:16 Doyley, Marvin M.
From: Doyley, Marvin M. @ 2018-05-26 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Thibault,
thanks for the info. I will dig around my config
cheers,

> Hi,

> For what it's worth, I cannot reproduce it on Org mode version 9.1.>13
>(release_9.1.13-763-g2621db) with -Q; the file is properly produced.
>
>I get the same error if I add the `session' header argument, maybe i>t is
>set elsewhere?

>Hope it helps.

>thibault

>Doyley, Marvin M. writes:

> Hi there,
>
> When I run the following code I get an error, does anybody know how to fix
> this
>
> I am using the latest version of org-mode.
>
> Thanks,
>

> #+BEGIN_SRC python :results file
> import numpy as np
> import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
> import seaborn as sns
> x = np.random.rand(100)
> y= np.cos(x)
> plt.plot(x,y)
> plt.savefig('test.png')
> return 'test.png'
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+RESULTS:
> [[file:  File "Org SRC", line 8
>     return 'test.png'
>     ^
> SyntaxError: 'return' outside function
> ]]

I will do some digging around in my config file.

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP --]

* Re: Problem with python source block
@ 2018-05-26 14:22 ` Doyley, Marvin M.
From: Doyley, Marvin M. @ 2018-05-26 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doyley, Marvin M.; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi there,

The problem seem to be cause by scimax-org-babel-python.el.
When I disable this works fine, but doing this disables asynchronous execution.

John do you have any suggestions what is going on ?

Cheers,

@ 2018-05-26 15:18   ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2018-05-26 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doyley, Marvin M.; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org