* Suppressing information in org-beamer
@ 2010-01-10  0:47 Marvin Doyley
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2010-01-10  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

I use beamer to prepare lectures,  and find it useful to suppress information or slides on the version of the slides that I distribute to the class at the start of my lectures. I suppress information using the  beamer handout mode and the following latex commands

\newcommand{\hushframe}{\frame<handout:0>}
\newcommand{\hushit}{\only<handout:0>}

It would be nice to incorporate this in org-beamer, does anybody have any ideas ?

Best Wishes,

* Re: Suppressing information in org-beamer
@ 2010-01-10  9:02 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-01-10  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marvin Doyley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Marvin,

On Jan 10, 2010, at 1:47 AM, Marvin Doyley wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I use beamer to prepare lectures,  and find it useful to suppress
> information or slides on the version of the slides that I distribute
> to the class at the start of my lectures. I suppress information
> using the  beamer handout mode and the following latex commands
>

> \newcommand{\hushframe}{\frame<handout:0>}
> \newcommand{\hushit}{\only<handout:0>}
>
> It would be nice to incorporate this in org-beamer, does anybody
> have any ideas ?

I think you'd add <handout:0> to the BEAMER_envargs property of the
node that is turned into a frame.

The only way to use \only right now would be to just write it in the
text

   \only<4->{The proof used \textit{reductio ad absurdum}.}

Hmmm, maybe this will not work?

Try

#+BEAMER: \only<4->{The proof used \textit{reductio ad absurdum}.}

HTH

- Carsten

P.S. Any ideas to make a better way to use \uncover and \only on
selected
      material?

> Best Wishes,

- Carsten

* Re: Suppressing information in org-beamer
@ 2010-01-10 18:08   ` Marvin Doyley
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2010-01-10 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

This works pretty well

> #+BEAMER: \only<4->{The proof used \textit{reductio ad absurdum}.}

No ideas at the moment, but I am thinking about this
>  Any ideas to make a better way to use \uncover and \only on selected
>     material?

Best wishes

@ 2010-01-10 18:37   ` Marvin Doyley
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2010-01-10 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

Here is a little clarification that may help other. You are correct, I can suppress a frame using beamer handout mode by  adding <handout:0> to the BEAMER_envargs property.  To suppress information on a slide I use the following command \#+BEAMER: \only<handout:0>{ the proof used is ...}

Thanks again for all you help