* More structure on org-hacks.php
@ 2010-08-17 11:47 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-08-17 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode List

Hi,

I just noticed that org-hacks.php on Worg have become quite long, it
is great
that we have so many little hack there.

I think the file would benefit from a bit more structure (some top-level
headings and the actually hacks as level two headings or so.

Maybe someone would like to do that?

- Carsten

* Re: More structure on org-hacks.php
@ 2010-08-17 13:58 ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-08-17 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Carsten,

> I just noticed that org-hacks.php on Worg have become quite long, it is great
> that we have so many little hack there.
>
> I think the file would benefit from a bit more structure (some top-level
> headings and the actually hacks as level two headings or so.
>
> Maybe someone would like to do that?

I'm running in all corners right now, as I'll go on holidays tomorrow. Not
being able to keep up with everything on the ML right now...

Though, if nobody else has done it before, I'm willing to do it in 2 weeks.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: More structure on org-hacks.php
@ 2010-08-19  0:09 ` Memnon Anon
From: Memnon Anon @ 2010-08-19  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode List

> I think the file would benefit from a bit more structure (some top-level
> headings and the actually hacks as level two headings or so.

I had a look at what is there so far.

One way might be Toplevel-headlines like this:

1. Hacking Org: Modifying orgmode itself.
2. Hacking Org and Emacs: Modify how org interacts with other Emacs packages.
3. Hacking Org and external Programs.

[Imo no need for subcategories like  1.1: agenda, clock, etc. 2.1: gnus,
w3m, etc., yet.]

I regrouped the hacks under these categories and reshuffled the items a
bit to get related topics closer together.

Have a look at:

     http://memnon.sdf-eu.org/org-hacks.org.gz

[Changes made against the current version
 memnon@home:~/tmp/Worg$ git log org-hacks.org
 commit c7201682f9dc91b8aca4a78929d9398c1118e390]

However, I did not change any of the #+OPTIONS.

Result:

* Hacking Org: Modifying orgmode itself.
      o Compiling Org without make
      o Reload Org
      o Speed Commands
            + Show next/prev heading tidily
      o Easy customization of TODO colors
      o Changelog support for org headers
      o Remove redundant tags of headlines
      o Different org-cycle-level behavior
      o Add an effort estimate on the fly when clocking in
      o Customize the size of the frame for remember
      o Org table
            + Dates computation
            + Field coordinates in formulas (@# and $#)
      o Archive in a date tree
      o Make it easier to set org-agenda-files from multiple directories
      o Restrict org-agenda-files by filetag
      o Split horizontally for agenda
      o Automatically add an appointment when clocking in a task
      o Highlight the agenda line under cursor
      o Remove time grid lines that are in an appointment
      o Group task list by a property
      o Dynamically adjust tag position
* Hacking Org and Emacs: Modify how org interacts with other Emacs packages.
      o org-remember-anything
      o Org-mode and saveplace.el
      o Using ido-completing-read to find attachments
      o Use idle timer for automatic agenda views
      o Link to Gnus messages by Message-Id
      o Send html messages and attachments with Wanderlust
            + Send HTML message
            + Attach HTML of region or subtree
            + Adopting for Gnus
* Hacking Org and external Programs.
      o Use Org-mode with Screen [Andrew Hyatt]
      o Org Agenda + Appt + Zenity
      o Org-Mode + gnome-osd
      o remind2org
      o Useful webjumps for conkeror
      o Use MathJax for HTML export without requiring JavaScript

Memnon

* Re: More structure on org-hacks.php
@ 2010-08-20  6:48   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-08-20  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Memnon Anon; +Cc: emacs-orgmode List

Hi Memnon,

thanks a lot!

- Carsten

@ 2010-08-30 11:57     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-08-30 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Memnon Anon, emacs-orgmode List

Hi Memnon,

are you going to implement these changes into org-hacks.org?

Cheers

- Carsten

@ 2010-09-01 15:03       ` Memnon Anon
From: Memnon Anon @ 2010-09-01 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode List

> are you going to implement these changes into org-hacks.org?

Did my first push a few seconds ago.
Didn't want to break anything, but finally realized its VC, so it can be
easily reverted anyway; lets see how it will work out...

Memnon

* Re: More structure on org-hacks.php
@ 2010-09-02  8:16         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-09-02  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Memnon Anon; +Cc: emacs-orgmode List

On Sep 1, 2010, at 5:03 PM, Memnon Anon wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> are you going to implement these changes into org-hacks.org?
>
> Did my first push a few seconds ago.
> Didn't want to break anything, but finally realized its VC,

Exactly, don't be a afraid....

- Carsten

@ 2010-09-02  8:17         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-09-02  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Memnon Anon; +Cc: emacs-orgmode List

On Sep 1, 2010, at 5:03 PM, Memnon Anon wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> are you going to implement these changes into org-hacks.org?
>
> Did my first push a few seconds ago.
> Didn't want to break anything, but finally realized its VC, so it
> can be
> easily reverted anyway; lets see how it will work out...

It seems to have worked, thanks a lot!

- Carsten