* Plotting in Python block won't over-write existing file
@ 2015-03-06 18:41 Richard Stanton
From: Richard Stanton @ 2015-03-06 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Here’s a sample Python code block:

#+begin_src python :results file :exports both
import matplotlib
matplotlib.use('Agg')
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import pandas as pd

df = pd.DataFrame({'date': [1900, 1901, 1902], 'x1' : [3, 4, 5], 'x2' : [6, 7, 9]})
df.set_index('date', inplace=True, drop=True)
df.plot()
plt.savefig('x4.png')
return 'x4.png' # return filename to org-mode
#+End_src

When I run it, the graph appears on the screen and in the named file, as desired.

However, if I go back, change one of the numbers, and rerun the block, while it claims to have run OK, the graph is not updated. I only get a new plot if I also change the file name (e.g., to x5.png). It looks like it’s refusing to over-write an existing file. Is there a reason for this, and is there a way to change this behavior?

By the way, this is with org-mode 8.3beta-884-g9ed426

Thanks.

Richard Stanton