emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* Agenda column view conflicts with diary inclusion
@ 2009-01-05  1:46 Matthew Lundin
  2009-01-05  3:42 ` Manish
  2009-01-06  8:52 ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-01-05  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode


When I include diary entries in the agenda, I get the following error
while calling columns view in the agenda:

 org-entry-properties: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
 
When I turn off diary inclusion by typing "D", the problem goes away.

Certainly, it is trivial to turn off diary inclusion before calling
columns view or to create a custom agenda command that does the same,
but I thought I'd report this behavior.

Thanks,
Matt

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Agenda column view conflicts with diary inclusion
  2009-01-05  1:46 Agenda column view conflicts with diary inclusion Matthew Lundin
@ 2009-01-05  3:42 ` Manish
  2009-01-06  8:52 ` Carsten Dominik
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Manish @ 2009-01-05  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

  On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Matthew Lundin wrote:
  >
  > When I include diary entries in the agenda, I get the following error
  > while calling columns view in the agenda:
  >
  > org-entry-properties: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
  >
  > When I turn off diary inclusion by typing "D", the problem goes away.
  >
  > Certainly, it is trivial to turn off diary inclusion before calling
  > columns view or to create a custom agenda command that does the same,
  > but I thought I'd report this behavior.

I can not duplicate this.  It works okay for me.

-- 
Manish

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Agenda column view conflicts with diary inclusion
  2009-01-05  1:46 Agenda column view conflicts with diary inclusion Matthew Lundin
  2009-01-05  3:42 ` Manish
@ 2009-01-06  8:52 ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-01-06 15:01   ` Matthew Lundin
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-06  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Matt, how about a backtrace, and maybe you can try
to figure out which line in your diary file causes the problem?

- Carsten

On Jan 5, 2009, at 2:46 AM, Matthew Lundin wrote:

>
> When I include diary entries in the agenda, I get the following error
> while calling columns view in the agenda:
>
> org-entry-properties: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
>
> When I turn off diary inclusion by typing "D", the problem goes away.
>
> Certainly, it is trivial to turn off diary inclusion before calling
> columns view or to create a custom agenda command that does the same,
> but I thought I'd report this behavior.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
> Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Agenda column view conflicts with diary inclusion
  2009-01-06  8:52 ` Carsten Dominik
@ 2009-01-06 15:01   ` Matthew Lundin
  2009-01-06 15:32     ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-01-06 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 3265 bytes --]


Hi Carsten, 

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> Hi Matt, how about a backtrace, and maybe you can try
> to figure out which line in your diary file causes the problem?
>
> - Carsten

Absolutely. I've put the results below, along with a sample diary file
I ran the test on and my configuration. I'm copying a backtrace for
the first time, so feel free to tell me if I've failed to include
something.

First, before I include the results, I believe I've identified the
culprit: it's the syntax for generic monthly events in the diary,
e.g.,

*/3 Monthly meeting

When I remove this line from the sample diary file, agenda column view
works fine. 

(By the way, this was the impetus I needed to switch all my
appointments to org-mode, since it's so nice to be able to add notes
to events in org-mode files.)

Best,
Matt

---begin Backtrace---

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  looking-at(nil)
  org-entry-properties(#<marker at 1 in diary>)
  byte-code("ÆÇ!ˆÈ ˆ\b`É“ˆÉ‰‰‰‰‰‰\x19\x1a^[\x1c\x1d\x1e1\x1e2ÊË!ƒ>\0\x0e\vƒ>\0\x0e\v\x162Ë\x0e2\x1e3\x1e4Ì\x0e4!\x0e3Lˆ*‚—\0ÍÎ Ï\"‰\x14ƒ^\0Ð\fÑÒ#†Y\0rÓ\f!qˆ\x0e5)\x162‚—\0ÊÔ!ƒv\0ÕÔ!ƒv\0\x0e\x14ƒv\0\x0e\x14\x162‚—\0ÖeÏ\"‰\x14ƒ—\0Í\fÏ\"\x14Ð\fÑÒ#†•\0rÓ\f!qˆ\x0e5)\x162\x0e2†ž\0\x0e5\x162Ô\x0e2\x1e3\x1e4Ì\x0e4!\x0e3Lˆ*×\x0e2!ˆ\x0e6ƒ¿\0Ø\x0e7!ˆŠebˆm„=\x01Í`Ï\"†Ò\0Í`Ù\"‰\x14ƒ6\x01Ú\f!\x13Û\x0e8\v\"‰\x12ƒñ\0ÜÝ\nA†í\0Þ\"„\x13\x01\x0e9ƒ\x13\x01Í`ß\"‰\x11ƒ\x13\x01à	!\x11áâ	Gãä	%ˆ\x0e8	B\vB\x13É\x1e:Š\x0e:ƒ \x01\x0e:bˆnƒ(\x01å‚)\x01âæå`\"\\*\vB\x0e1B\x161çè!ˆ‚Ã\0\x0e1…†\x01é\x0e2\x0e1\"\x15ê\r\x1e3\x1e4Ì\x0e4!\x0e3Lˆ*ë ˆìÊí!…d\x01\x0e-\x1e3\x1e4Ì\x0e4!\x0e3L*ƒw\x01íâ!ˆîï\x0e1\"ˆ\x0e;…†\x01ð\x0e1!.\b‡" [org-columns-begin-marker d a p m maxwidths org-verify-version columns org-columns-remove-overlays nil boundp org-agenda-overriding-columns-format make-variable-buffer-local get-text-property point-at-bol org-hd-marker org-entry-get "COLUMNS" t marker-buffer org-columns-current-fmt local-variable-p next-single-property-change org-columns-compile-format org-agenda-colview-compute org-marker org-entry-properties assoc string-match "\\S-" "" duration org-minutes-to-hh:mm-string put-text-property 0 face org-warning 1 count-lines beginning-of-line 2 org-columns-get-autowidth-alist org-columns-current-maxwidths org-columns-display-here-title org-columns-flyspell-was-active flyspell-mode mapc #[(x) "Á\b@!ˆÂ\bA!‡" [x goto-line org-columns-display-here] 2] org-agenda-colview-summarize cache ...] 7)
* org-agenda-columns()
  call-interactively(org-agenda-columns)

---end Backtrace---

---begin diary file---

*/6 Monthly meeting
Thursday Weekly discussion
%%(and (= 1 (calendar-day-of-week date)) (diary-block 1 12 2009 2 28 2009)) 3:30pm-5:00pm Weekly meeting
%%(diary-anniversary 3 5 1975) James turns %d
%%(diary-block 1 19 2009 1 22 2009) Chicago trip 
Jan 7, 2009 2:00pm meeting

---end diary file----

---begin diary configuration---

(setq diary-file "~/diary")
(setq cal-tex-diary t)
(setq cal-tex-holidays nil)

(setq view-diary-entries-initially t)
(setq mark-diary-entries-in-calendar t)
(setq number-of-diary-entries 1)
(add-hook 'diary-display-hook 'fancy-diary-display)
(add-hook 'list-diary-entries-hook 'sort-diary-entries t)
(add-hook 'today-visible-calendar-hook 'calendar-mark-today)

---end diary configuration---

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 204 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Agenda column view conflicts with diary inclusion
  2009-01-06 15:01   ` Matthew Lundin
@ 2009-01-06 15:32     ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-06 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

fixed, thanks.

- Carsten

On Jan 6, 2009, at 4:01 PM, Matthew Lundin wrote:

>
> Hi Carsten,
>
> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
>
>> Hi Matt, how about a backtrace, and maybe you can try
>> to figure out which line in your diary file causes the problem?
>>
>> - Carsten
>
> Absolutely. I've put the results below, along with a sample diary file
> I ran the test on and my configuration. I'm copying a backtrace for
> the first time, so feel free to tell me if I've failed to include
> something.
>
> First, before I include the results, I believe I've identified the
> culprit: it's the syntax for generic monthly events in the diary,
> e.g.,
>
> */3 Monthly meeting
>
> When I remove this line from the sample diary file, agenda column view
> works fine.
>
> (By the way, this was the impetus I needed to switch all my
> appointments to org-mode, since it's so nice to be able to add notes
> to events in org-mode files.)
>
> Best,
> Matt
>
> ---begin Backtrace---
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
>  looking-at(nil)
>  org-entry-properties(#<marker at 1 in diary>)
>  byte-code("ÆÇ!ˆÈ ˆ\b`É“ˆÉ‰‰‰‰‰‰\x19\x1a^[\x1c\x1d\x1e1\x1e2ÊË!ƒ>\x0e\vƒ>\x0e\v\x162Ë\x0e2\x1e3\x1e4Ì\x0e4!\x0e 
> 3Lˆ*‚—ÍÎ Ï\"‰\x14ƒ^Ð\fÑÒ#†YrÓ\f!qˆ\x0e5)\x162‚—ÊÔ!ƒvÕÔ!ƒv\x0e\x14ƒv\x0e\x14\x162‚—ÖeÏ\"‰\x14ƒ—Í 
> \fÏ\"\x14Ð\fÑÒ#†•rÓ\f!qˆ\x0e5)\x162\x0e2†ž\x0e5\x162Ô\x0e2\x1e3\x1e4Ì\x0e4!\x0e3Lˆ*×\x0e2!ˆ\x0e6ƒ¿Ø\x0e7!ˆŠ 
> ebˆm„=\x01Í`Ï\"†ÒÍ`Ù\"‰\x14ƒ6\x01Ú\f!\x13Û\x0e8\v\"‰\x12ƒñÜÝ\nA†íÞ\"„\x13\x01\x0e9ƒ\x13\x01Í`ß 
> \"‰\x11ƒ\x13\x01à	!\x11áâ	Gãä	%ˆ\x0e8	B\vB\x13É\x1e:Š\x0e:ƒ \x01\x0e:bˆnƒ(\x01å‚)\x01âæå`\"\\*\vB\x0e1B\x161çè!ˆ‚ 
> Ã\x0e1
> †\x01é\x0e2\x0e1\"\x15ê
> \x1e3\x1e4Ì\x0e4!\x0e3Lˆ*ë ˆìÊí!
> d\x01\x0e-\x1e3\x1e4Ì\x0e4!\x0e3L*ƒw\x01íâ!ˆîï\x0e1\"ˆ\x0e;
> †\x01ð\x0e1!.\b‡" [org-columns-begin-marker d a p m maxwidths org-verify- 
> version columns org-columns-remove-overlays nil boundp org-agenda- 
> overriding-columns-format make-variable-buffer-local get-text- 
> property point-at-bol org-hd-marker org-entry-get "COLUMNS" t marker- 
> buffer org-columns-current-fmt local-variable-p next-single-property- 
> change org-columns-compile-format org-agenda-colview-compute org- 
> marker org-entry-properties assoc string-match "\\S-" "" duration  
> org-minutes-to-hh:mm-string put-text-property 0 face org-warning 1  
> count-lines beginning-of-line 2 org-columns-get-autowidth-alist org- 
> columns-current-maxwidths org-columns-display-here-title org-columns- 
> flyspell-was-active flyspell-mode mapc #[(x) "Á\b@!ˆÂ\bA!‡" [x goto- 
> line org-columns-display-here] 2] org-agenda-colview-summarize  
> cache ...] 7)
> * org-agenda-columns()
>  call-interactively(org-agenda-columns)
>
> ---end Backtrace---
>
> ---begin diary file---
>
> */6 Monthly meeting
> Thursday Weekly discussion
> %%(and (= 1 (calendar-day-of-week date)) (diary-block 1 12 2009 2 28  
> 2009)) 3:30pm-5:00pm Weekly meeting
> %%(diary-anniversary 3 5 1975) James turns %d
> %%(diary-block 1 19 2009 1 22 2009) Chicago trip
> Jan 7, 2009 2:00pm meeting
>
> ---end diary file----
>
> ---begin diary configuration---
>
> (setq diary-file "~/diary")
> (setq cal-tex-diary t)
> (setq cal-tex-holidays nil)
>
> (setq view-diary-entries-initially t)
> (setq mark-diary-entries-in-calendar t)
> (setq number-of-diary-entries 1)
> (add-hook 'diary-display-hook 'fancy-diary-display)
> (add-hook 'list-diary-entries-hook 'sort-diary-entries t)
> (add-hook 'today-visible-calendar-hook 'calendar-mark-today)
>
> ---end diary configuration---

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2009-01-06 15:32 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2009-01-05  1:46 Agenda column view conflicts with diary inclusion Matthew Lundin
2009-01-05  3:42 ` Manish
2009-01-06  8:52 ` Carsten Dominik
2009-01-06 15:01   ` Matthew Lundin
2009-01-06 15:32     ` Carsten Dominik

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).