From: "Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com>
To: Neil Hepburn <nhepburn@ualberta.ca>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com>,
	Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: AI for orgmode
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:23:46 -1000	[thread overview]

Aloha all,

The current documentation is terrific and it should grow and develop
as it has.  The idea to augment it with "org-mode lite" is a good one,
but will be a lot of work.

Following on the good ideas of others in the thread, would it be
feasible to develop packets for specific Org-mode uses?  1)
necessary .emacs code, 2) example Org-mode file, 3) tutorial document
on Worg, and 4) screencast.

The newbie could cut and paste 1) to .emacs and re-start, load 2), and
either read 3) or watch 4) as she followed along and edited 2).

My own experience has involved a moderate amount of time with 1) (with
immeasurable help from Eric Schulte's emacs starter kit), and huge
amounts of time experimenting with Org-mode file structures.  I still
don't have the GTD stuff down to my satisfaction but think that if I'd
spent an hour or two looking over Bernt Hansen's shoulder as he worked
that I would have it nailed.

The basic idea is to get the newbie to a predetermined goal, *then*
let her fiddle around with all the neat stuff in the manual, wiki,
worg, blogs, list archive, etc.

All the best and TGIF,
Tom