* How to open Link in Heading in Agenda without mouse click?
@ 2015-06-08  8:41 Martin Beck
From: Martin Beck @ 2015-06-08  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: How to open Link in Heading in Agenda without mouse click?
@ 2015-06-08 16:25 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2015-06-08 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Martin Beck" <Elwood151@web.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to create an agenda view which gives me quick access to
> important directories and files.  So I set up an org-mode file with
> those hyperlinks and created an agenda which collects all headings in
> there.
>
> However if I try to use it, I did not find a way to open the
> hyperlinks in the agenda view without the mouse.
>
> Example headline:
>
> * Link to important file [[file+sys:\\server\dir\filename.mm][Mindmap]]
> [2015-06-08 Mo 10:34]
>
> Which command can I use to open the link/linked file directly in the
> agenda view? Is there a standard keybinding for it?

Doesn't C-c C-o (which should be bound to org-agenda-open-link in the
agenda buffer) work?

Nick

* Re: How to open Link in Heading in Agenda without mouse click?
@ 2015-06-10 19:29   ` M
From: M @ 2015-06-10 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Von: Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com>
> Datum: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 12:25:37 -0400
> An: <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
> Betreff: Re: [O] How to open Link in Heading in Agenda without mouse click?
>
> "Martin Beck" <Elwood151@web.de> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to create an agenda view which gives me quick access to
>> important directories and files.  So I set up an org-mode file with
>> those hyperlinks and created an agenda which collects all headings in
>> there.
>>
>> However if I try to use it, I did not find a way to open the
>> hyperlinks in the agenda view without the mouse.
>>
>> Example headline:
>>
>> * Link to important file [[file+sys:\\server\dir\filename.mm][Mindmap]]
>> [2015-06-08 Mo 10:34]
>>
>> Which command can I use to open the link/linked file directly in the
>> agenda view? Is there a standard keybinding for it?
>

> Doesn't C-c C-o (which should be bound to org-agenda-open-link in the
> agenda buffer) work?
>
> Nick

Hi Nick,

thank you so much!
I had tried that but stumbled upon a feature which confused me (and let it
look as if it did not work):
If there are more than one hyperlinks below the heading, I get a selection
buffers which offers me to select which one to open. :-)
That's really even greater than expected!

Works perfectly.

Kind regards

MArtin