* Subtree-specific variables
@ 2015-05-09  2:41 Joon Ro
From: Joon Ro @ 2015-05-09  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I was wondering if there is a way to have subtree-specific variables?
I have been using #+MACRO: but it seems it is a buffer-wide thing.
For example, it would be great if I can use a property value in org-mode bodies.
Best,Joon

* Re: Subtree-specific variables
@ 2015-05-09  8:56 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-05-09  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joon Ro; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Joon Ro <joon.ro@outlook.com> writes:

> I was wondering if there is a way to have subtree-specific variables?

Usually, you get subtree specific variables with node properties,
appending "EXPORT_" to them, e.g.

  * Subtree root
  :PROPERTIES:
  :EXPORT_AUTHOR: Not me
  :END:

> I have been using #+MACRO: but it seems it is a buffer-wide thing.

The suggestion above doesn't apply to MACRO keyword, mainly because
properties' values are only one line long.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Subtree-specific variables
@ 2015-05-10  0:21   ` Joon Ro
From: Joon Ro @ 2015-05-10  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

> Usually, you get subtree specific variables with node properties,
> appending "EXPORT_" to them, e.g.
>
>   * Subtree root
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :EXPORT_AUTHOR: Not me
>   :END:
>
> > I have been using #+MACRO: but it seems it is a buffer-wide thing.
>
> The suggestion above doesn't apply to MACRO keyword, mainly because
> properties' values are only one line long.

Thank you for the reply. I'm aware of EXPORT_ stuff, but I'm actually looking for something like this:
* Subtree root
:PROPERTIES:
:EXPORT_Variable: Test:END:
{{{Variable}}}
Would something like this be possible?

@ 2015-05-10  7:09     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-05-10  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joon Ro; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Joon Ro <joon.ro@outlook.com> writes:

> Thank you for the reply. I'm aware of EXPORT_ stuff, but I'm actually looking for something like this:
> * Subtree root
> :PROPERTIES:
> :EXPORT_Variable: Test:END:
> {{{Variable}}}