* S-TAB cycling opening archive subtrees
@ 2012-12-14 12:24 Vincent Beffara
From: Vincent Beffara @ 2012-12-14 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Hi,

When cycling visibility of a subtree using TAB, subtrees with the :ARCHIVE: tag are not opened, and that is a very good thing. But when I cycle a buffer globally using S-TAB, their contents are shown, which feels like the wrong thing to do ... same if I do "C-u TAB" instead. "C-u S-TAB" does the right thing, which is cycling globally without opening archived subtrees.

Is that normal? If so, how do I set things up so that S-TAB does what I expect?

Thanks,

/vincent

PS: Using release_7.9.2-722-g2dbd84 on emacs 24.2.1

--
Vincent Beffara

* Re: S-TAB cycling opening archive subtrees
@ 2012-12-14 13:37 ` Memnon Anon
From: Memnon Anon @ 2012-12-14 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Vincent Beffara <vbeffara+ml@gmail.com> writes:

> When cycling visibility of a subtree using TAB, subtrees with the
> :ARCHIVE: tag are not opened, and that is a very good thing. But when
> I cycle a buffer globally using S-TAB, their contents are shown, which
> feels like the wrong thing to do ...

Interesting enough, the subtree is getting closed by
org-cycle-hide-archived-subtrees (in org-cycle-hook) at first, but
re-opened by a later function: org-cycle-hide-inline-tasks , which
calls (hide-sublevels (1- org-inlinetask-min-level)) .

Its docstring says "Re-hide inline task when switching to 'contents
visibility state.", so I guess it should only hide things, not the
opposite.

Memnon

* Re: S-TAB cycling opening archive subtrees
@ 2012-12-15  8:32 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-15  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent Beffara; +Cc: Org Mode List

Hi Vincent,

Vincent Beffara <vbeffara+ml@gmail.com> writes:

> When cycling visibility of a subtree using TAB, subtrees with the :ARCHIVE:
> tag are not opened, and that is a very good thing. But when I cycle a
> buffer globally using S-TAB, their contents are shown, which feels like the
> wrong thing to do ...

I cannot reproduce this.

With this file and emacs -Q:

* Heading 1
Test1
* Heading 2
Test2
* Heading (archived)						    :ARCHIVE:
Is it shown

S-TAB first folds all headings then it does not reopen the last one.

Is there a way I can reproduce this problem?

 Bastien

* Re: S-TAB cycling opening archive subtrees
@ 2012-12-17 10:39   ` Vincent Beffara
From: Vincent Beffara @ 2012-12-17 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org Mode List

Argh, I can't reproduce it either actually. Probably a consequence of updating org-mode and not restarting emacs (so still a bug but a very minor one ...)

Sorry for the noise!

/v

--
Vincent Beffara