* Better links to usenet articles
@ 2008-11-13 19:51 Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2008-11-13 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I want to propose 2 things concerning the option
org-usenet-links-prefer-google.

1. I would be nice if that feature was available for Gmane articles,
   too.

2. Articles which have X-No-Archive set to yes cannot be looked up at
   google, neither by message id nor with keywords.  It would be good if
   org-remember creates only web links that can be followed and fall
   back to usual links if X-No-Archive is set.

Here's an example to an article in comp.emacs which cannot be followed:

  [[http://groups.google.com/groups%3Fas_umsgid%3D%3Cm3hc6cl3vp.fsf%40home.sweet.home%3E][Email
  from Myriam Abramson: Ant and emacs]]

Bye,
Tassilo
--
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it
needs to be.

* Re: Better links to usenet articles
@ 2008-11-14  7:23 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-11-14  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tassilo Horn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Does anyone know the magic spell to check for this header field in a
gnus article?

- Carsten

@ 2008-11-14  9:03   ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2008-11-14  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

Hi Carsten,

> Does anyone know the magic spell to check for this header field in a
> gnus article?

That works for me:

(with-current-buffer gnus-article-buffer
  (save-excursion
    (gnus-summary-toggle-header)
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (let ((str (mail-header 'x-no-archive (mail-header-extract))))
      (when str
	(with-temp-buffer
	  (insert str)
	  (buffer-substring-no-properties (point-min) (point-max)))))))

It returns the value of that header as string or nil if there's no such
header at all.

Bye,
Tassilo
--

@ 2008-11-14  9:09     ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2008-11-14  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Ups, please correct that one line.

> (with-current-buffer gnus-article-buffer
>   (save-excursion
>     (gnus-summary-toggle-header 1)
                                 ^^^

@ 2008-11-16 21:30       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-11-16 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tassilo Horn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Tassilo,

is there no way to do this without having to show the headers?  Seems
to be unnecessary overhead...

Sorry for being picky, thanks for looking into this.

- Carsten

@ 2008-11-16 21:41         ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2008-11-16 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

Hi Carsten,

> is there no way to do this without having to show the headers?  Seems
> to be unnecessary overhead...

I'm not sure.  Could you please point me to the location where org
creates the link, then I'll try to figure it out.

> Sorry for being picky, thanks for looking into this.

It was my wish, so I'm in a tight spot.

Bye,
Tassilo

@ 2008-11-17  7:08           ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-11-17  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tassilo Horn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Nov 16, 2008, at 10:41 PM, Tassilo Horn wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
>
> Hi Carsten,
>
>> is there no way to do this without having to show the headers?  Seems
>> to be unnecessary overhead...
>
> I'm not sure.  Could you please point me to the location where org
> creates the link, then I'll try to figure it out.

Hi Tassilo,

this happens in org-gnus-store-link, defined in org-gnus.el.

- Carsten