* Two column output
@ 2013-10-14  2:15 Mehul Sanghvi
From: Mehul Sanghvi @ 2013-10-14  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ML Emacs-orgmode

How do I get two column output with org-mode ?  I'm not looking for tables
but more like what you get in a newspaper article.  Is that possible to do
with org-mode ?

For the most part this is for publishing to HTML and PDF.

cheers,

      mehul

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi
email: mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com

* Re: Two column output
@ 2013-10-14  2:48 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-10-14  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Mehul Sanghvi <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com> writes:

> How do I get two column output with org-mode ?  I'm not looking for
> tables but more like what you get in a newspaper article.  Is that
> possible to do with org-mode ?
>
> For the most part this is for publishing to HTML and PDF.

For LaTeX/PDF, this should suffice:

#+LATEX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [twocolumn]

For HTML, I have no idea.

--
Nick

* Re: Two column output
@ 2013-10-14  3:01   ` Mehul Sanghvi
From: Mehul Sanghvi @ 2013-10-14  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: ML Emacs-orgmode

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mehul Sanghvi <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > How do I get two column output with org-mode ?  I'm not looking for
> > tables but more like what you get in a newspaper article.  Is that
> > possible to do with org-mode ?
> >
> > For the most part this is for publishing to HTML and PDF.
> >

> For LaTeX/PDF, this should suffice:
>
> #+LATEX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [twocolumn]
>
> For HTML, I have no idea.

One of the things I would like to do is be able to have two side-by-side
source code blocks so that I can do a comparison of the two.

--

@ 2013-10-14  5:29     ` Iannis Zannos
From: Iannis Zannos @ 2013-10-14  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mehul Sanghvi; +Cc: Nick Dokos, ML Emacs-orgmode

Hello Mehul,

for HTML you would need to find/modify/write your own css template. I find
the relatively recent Bootstrap package rather convenient for doing things
like that because it defines a grid right away out of the box and gives you
the means for defining columns and rectangular areas (boxes).
http://getbootstrap.com. See
http://getbootstrap.com/getting-started/#examples and
http://getbootstrap.com/examples/jumbotron-narrow/

There is a package integrating orgmode export with bootstrap called o-blog.
https://github.com/renard/o-blog. Here is an example of source code in a
second column next to text:
http://renard.github.io/o-blog/index.html (scroll down a little after the
large heading "Quick Start Guide").

Iannis Zannos

@ 2013-10-14 13:32     ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2013-10-14 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mehul Sanghvi; +Cc: Nick Dokos, ML Emacs-orgmode

Mehul Sanghvi <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Mehul Sanghvi <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > How do I get two column output with org-mode ?  I'm not looking for
>> > tables but more like what you get in a newspaper article.  Is that
>> > possible to do with org-mode ?
>> >
>> > For the most part this is for publishing to HTML and PDF.
>> >

>> For LaTeX/PDF, this should suffice:
>>
>> #+LATEX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [twocolumn]
>>
>> For HTML, I have no idea.
>

> One of the things I would like to do is be able to have two side-by-side
> source code blocks so that I can do a comparison of the two.

For HTML you'll want to write your own CSS.  This is similar to what
you're after.

http://eschulte.github.io/org-docco/org-docco.html

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: Two column output
@ 2013-10-14 14:00       ` Mehul Sanghvi
From: Mehul Sanghvi @ 2013-10-14 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Iannis Zannos; +Cc: Nick Dokos, ML Emacs-orgmode

Hi Iannis,

        Thanks.  This might be what I'm looking for, it certainly looks
like what I want.

cheers,

     mehul

@ 2013-10-14 14:12       ` Mehul Sanghvi