* publish to ascii/utf8 dosent work anymore?
@ 2014-08-17 10:57 Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2014-08-17 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi list

i manage to export using the publish function for html. i really want
actually to publih to txt and found these function in the mailing list:

org-publish-org-to-ascii
org-publish-org-to-latin1
org-publish-org-to-utf8

i have tried using them instead of html but got this error:

funcall: Symbol's function definition is void: org-publish-org-to-ascii

any ideas anyone?

best

* Re: publish to ascii/utf8 dosent work anymore?
@ 2014-08-17 11:12   ` Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2014-08-17 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: org mode

thx rasmus

since im very bad with lisp

do i use this inside my org-publish code or independent. currently my code
is like this:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results none
     (setq org-publish-project-alist
           '(("NNorg"
              :base-directory "~/org/files/help/"
              :publishing-directory "~/org/files/export/"
              :section-numbers nil
              :table-of-contents nil
              :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-ascii
              :style "<link rel=\"stylesheet\"
                     href=\"../other/mystyle.css\"
                     type=\"text/css\"/>")))
#+END_SRC

would you mind showing me an example of how i would use it (do i replace
the publishing function line?)

best

@ 2014-08-17 11:17 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2014-08-17 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

@ 2014-08-17 11:53 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-08-17 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi list
>
> i manage to export using the publish function for html. i really want actually to publih to txt and found these function in the mailing list:
>
> org-publish-org-to-ascii
> org-publish-org-to-latin1
> org-publish-org-to-utf8
>
> i have tried using them instead of html but got this error:
>
> funcall: Symbol's function definition is void: org-publish-org-to-ascii

These are names of functions that existed in org 7.x, but do not exist
in org 8.x. See

    http://orgmode.org/worg/org-8.0.html#sec-5

--
Nick

* Re: publish to ascii/utf8 dosent work anymore?
@ 2014-08-17 12:09   ` Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2014-08-17 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: org mode

Perfect!

that solved my issues

thanks alot all!

@ 2014-08-17 13:04     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2014-08-17 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zeltakc; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Xebar,

Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com> writes:

> do i use this inside my org-publish code or independent. currently my code
> is like this:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results none
>      (setq org-publish-project-alist
>            '(("NNorg"
>               :base-directory "~/org/files/help/"
>               :publishing-directory "~/org/files/export/"
>               :section-numbers nil
>               :table-of-contents nil
>               :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-ascii
>               :style "<link rel=\"stylesheet\"
>                      href=\"../other/mystyle.css\"
>                      type=\"text/css\"/>")))
> #+END_SRC
>
> would you mind showing me an example of how i would use it (do i replace
> the publishing function line?)

Right.  The functions you are looking for are probably:

    org-ascii-publish-to-ascii
      Function: Publish an Org file to ASCII.
    org-ascii-publish-to-latin1
      Function: Publish an Org file to Latin-1.
    org-ascii-publish-to-utf8
      Function: Publish an org file to UTF-8.

You just put it in place of your current publish function.

I'm guessing you just upgraded to Org8 where Nicolas' ox became the
default export framework.

Cheers,
Rasmus

--
Governments should be afraid of their people