* error in only text exporter
@ 2014-07-28 18:35 Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2014-07-28 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi list

for some reason exporting to txt dosent work here. all other options
(html,pdf etc) work.

in the message window i get:

concat: Wrong type argument: wholenump, auto

anyway i can get more info on this and try to figure out whats going on?

thx!

* Re: error in only text exporter
@ 2014-07-29 10:37 ` Xebar Saram
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Xebar Saram @ 2014-07-29 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi again

i really would appreciate any help here (i know im a neewb :) ). all but
the text exporter works. can someone guide me on how to start debugging
this?

thx

@ 2014-07-29 10:44   ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-07-29 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com> writes:

>     anyway i can get more info on this and try to figure out whats
>     going on?

yes

 1. try to create a MWE (minimal working example) that produces the
 error.

 2. start with emacs -Q, load ox.el, and check if the error still
 happens when exporting the MWE.

 3a. if so, post the MWE here and so that others can try it too
 3b. if not, the problem is most likely in you init file (bisect it to
 find out where)

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* [BUG] Re: error in only text exporter
@ 2014-08-03  8:24   ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2014-08-03  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Nicolas Goaziou

Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi again
>
> i really would appreciate any help here (i know im a neewb :) ). all
> but the text exporter works. can someone guide me on how to start
> debugging this?

This bug was introduced in dd6b4ff -- in
`org-ascii-filter-paragraph-spacing', the function body was originally
protected by a:

(when (wholenump org-ascii-paragraph-spacing)
 ...)

which was taken out, meaning that the default value of 'auto falls
through to `org-export-data' and causes an explosion. I've cc'd Nicolas,
who will know what to do!

From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2014-08-03  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Nicolas Goaziou

Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi again
>
> i really would appreciate any help here (i know im a neewb :) ). all
> but the text exporter works. can someone guide me on how to start
> debugging this?

This bug was introduced in dd6b4ff -- in
`org-ascii-filter-paragraph-spacing', the function body was originally
protected by a:

(when (wholenump org-ascii-paragraph-spacing)
 ...)

which was taken out, meaning that the default value of 'auto falls
through to `org-export-data' and causes an explosion. I've cc'd Nicolas,
who will know what to do!

> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 9:35 PM, Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>     Hi list
>
>     for some reason exporting to txt dosent work here. all other
>     options (html,pdf etc) work.
>
>     in the message window i get:
>
>     concat: Wrong type argument: wholenump, auto
>
>     anyway i can get more info on this and try to figure out whats
>     going on?
>
>     thx!

* Re: [BUG] Re: error in only text exporter
@ 2014-08-03 19:47     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-08-03 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Abrahamsen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> This bug was introduced in dd6b4ff -- in
> `org-ascii-filter-paragraph-spacing', the function body was originally
> protected by a:
>
> (when (wholenump org-ascii-paragraph-spacing)
>  ...)
>
> which was taken out, meaning that the default value of 'auto falls
> through to `org-export-data' and causes an explosion. I've cc'd Nicolas,
> who will know what to do!

Fixed. Thanks to you and Xebar Saram.

Nicolas Goaziou