* Re: Re: how to add special glyphs
@ 2023-03-08 10:08 Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2023-03-08 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

On 3/6/23 Rob Sargent <rsargent@xmission.com> wrote:

> I think I have to decide on one format and stick with it.  I get bitten
> by ODT/DOC transformations, not sure I like the default look of
> LaTeX/pdf, HTML is pretty reliable but not best for handing out. Maybe
> I'll go back to "text" and call it good.

If my .2 cents can help:

At the end, I bargained with myself and settled for PDF/LaTeX. I'm using

#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{helvet}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \renewcommand\familydefault{\sfdefault}

for SansSerif fonts after some reading about adapted documents. They
seem to work well with most LaTeX classes as well as Beamer
presentations and handouts.

I'm spending time with listing exports because I'm not against some
code samples being available for *reliable* copy and paste and the
current exporters in LaTeX don't completely please me (but that's the
real danger with LaTeX, noone but me to blame for it ;-) )

Best, /PA
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should
run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet

* Re: how to add special glyphs
@ 2023-03-08 15:14 ` Rob Sargent
From: Rob Sargent @ 2023-03-08 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez; +Cc: Org Mode List

> On Mar 8, 2023, at 3:09 AM, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 3/6/23 Rob Sargent <rsargent@xmission.com> wrote:
>
>> I think I have to decide on one format and stick with it.  I get bitten
>> by ODT/DOC transformations, not sure I like the default look of
>> LaTeX/pdf, HTML is pretty reliable but not best for handing out. Maybe
>> I'll go back to "text" and call it good.
>
> If my .2 cents can help:
>
> At the end, I bargained with myself and settled for PDF/LaTeX. I'm using
>
> #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{helvet}
> #+LATEX_HEADER: \renewcommand\familydefault{\sfdefault}
>
> for SansSerif fonts after some reading about adapted documents. They
> seem to work well with most LaTeX classes as well as Beamer
> presentations and handouts.
>
> I'm spending time with listing exports because I'm not against some
> code samples being available for *reliable* copy and paste and the
> current exporters in LaTeX don't completely please me (but that's the
> real danger with LaTeX, noone but me to blame for it ;-) )
>
> Best, /PA
> --
> Fragen sind nicht da um beantwortet zu werden,
> Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
> Georg Kreisler
>
> Headaches with a Juju log:
> unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should
> run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet

It very much helps. Thank you

rjs

* Re: how to add special glyphs
@ 2023-03-08 16:53   ` Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2023-03-08 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rob Sargent; +Cc: Org Mode List

BTW,

for listings, this seems to help with the backslashes

\usepackage{upquote}
\newcommand{\BSL}{\char`\\}

Best, /PA