* Customizing export globally
@ 2013-06-06 17:57 Klaus-Dieter Bauer
From: Klaus-Dieter Bauer @ 2013-06-06 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

Is it possible, short of hacking the exporters, to get indentation of
non-list paragraphs preserved?

E.g. I want some nice-looking formatting inside emacs:

==================
And thus Einstein wrote:

        E = mc^2
==================

The same visual effect in export could be achieved by

==================
And thus Einstein wrote:

#+begin_quote
E = mc^2
#+end_quote
==================

but at the cost of visual clutter in the org-mode file which by my
emacs-centric export-as-an-afterthought usage would be worse than unwanted
export formatting (I have partially solved this by making the #+ lines
ALMOST white but still...).

I fear the answer will be no, as in the first example both paragraphs are
exported entirely equally as <p>TEXT</p>.

My closest alternative is falling back to $$equations$$, but again --
visual clutter (though here a hack to fontify only the delimiters in a
bright shade of grey should not be so difficult).

kind regards, Klaus