* file or headline-local template for new subtree?
@ 2015-07-14 21:00 Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2015-07-14 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

I have this new system, in which I create a new subtree for every paper I
grade. I'd love to have the new subtree automatically populated by a
mostly-empty table on cration. Is this something I can do on a per-file
basis; or perhaps even something I can change with every level 1 heading?
I can think of a couple uses for this, actually.

Thx,
matt

* Re: file or headline-local template for new subtree?
@ 2015-07-14 21:31 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-07-14 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:

> I have this new system, in which I create a new subtree for every paper I
> grade. I'd love to have the new subtree automatically populated by a
> mostly-empty table on cration. Is this something I can do on a per-file
> basis; or perhaps even something I can change with every level 1 heading?
> I can think of a couple uses for this, actually.

I'm fond of org-structure-template-alist, but it might not be powerful
enough for what you want here.  On a per file basis you could bind some
letter in org-structure-template-alist.  ATM it cannot guess how to insert
a subtree.  But there's org-insert-subheading.

Rasmus

--
El Rey ha muerto. ¡Larga vida al Rey!

* Re: file or headline-local template for new subtree?
@ 2015-07-15  1:27   ` Mike McLean
From: Mike McLean @ 2015-07-15  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode