* setting export options in headline properties
@ 2021-07-21 18:52 Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2021-07-21 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

I'm not sure if I'm reading the documentation properly, but my
understnading is that I ought to be able to set export options as subtree
properties, and that if I do so, they should be picked up by export engines
when exporting subtrees.  However, that doesn't see to be happening for me,
and from what I can tell, `org-export-get-environment` is not overriding
global values when passed the `subtreep` parameter.

I tried the following with emacs -Q , which seems to confirm my issue. Is
this the expected behaviour, and if so, is there some other way for me to
set subtree-level export options?

--------------
** subtree
:PROPERTIES:
:SUBTITLE: testing
:REVEAL_TITLE_SLIDE: nil
:HTML_CONTAINER: section
:END:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(let ((info (org-export-get-environment 'html t)))
  (string-join `(,(plist-get info :subtitle) ,(plist-get info
:html-container)) "\n")
  )
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
:
: div
--------------------------

thanks as always!

* Re: setting export options in headline properties
@ 2021-07-21 20:25 ` Berry, Charles via General discussions about Org-mode.
From: Berry, Charles via General discussions about Org-mode. @ 2021-07-21 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Price; +Cc: Org Mode

Matt,

Check (info "(org) Export Settings")

and especially, the para near bottom:

When exporting sub-trees, special node properties can override the
above keywords.  These properties have an ‘EXPORT_’ prefix.  For
example, ‘DATE’ becomes, ‘EXPORT_DATE’ when used for a specific
sub-tree.  Except for ‘SETUPFILE’, all other keywords listed above have
an ‘EXPORT_’ equivalent.

HTH,

Chuck

@ 2021-07-21 21:41   ` Matt Price