* org-cycle behaves differently when called with M-x?
@ 2014-03-16 19:36 Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2014-03-16 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi,

I am not sure if this a bug or intended behaviour, but org-cycle
behaves ddifferently than expected when I call it using M-x (rather
than with TAB).  Instead of cycling
FOLDED-->CHILDREN-->SUBTREE-->FOLDED
it cycles
FOLDED-->CHILDREN-->FOLDED

Does everyone else see the same issue?  I think the issue is likely
caused by this (cond) clause startging at line 6857 of org.el, within
org-cycle-internal-local:

     ((or children-skipped
      (and (eq last-command this-command)
           (eq org-cycle-subtree-status 'children)))

I still don't quite understand how the value of (this-command) is set,
but I'm imagining that M-x  may also set it? So if called with M-x, it
may not give the desired result.

thank you!

Matt

* Re: org-cycle behaves differently when called with M-x?
@ 2014-03-17  0:31 ` Bastien
       [not found]   ` <CAN_Dec8LoYup5XXzFK02SdWLNYntagDcB-KMUCRfkvdE71G5Eg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Bastien @ 2014-03-17  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Price; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Matt,

Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:

> I am not sure if this a bug or intended behaviour, but org-cycle
> behaves ddifferently than expected when I call it using M-x (rather
> than with TAB).  Instead of cycling
> FOLDED-->CHILDREN-->SUBTREE-->FOLDED
> it cycles
> FOLDED-->CHILDREN-->FOLDED

I cannot reproduce this behavior.  When I use M-x org-cycle RET
repeatedly, it cycles thru FOLDED-->CHILDREN-->SUBTREE-->FOLDED

Maybe there is a command run between occurrences of M-x org-cycle
RET?

--
 Bastien

* Re: org-cycle behaves differently when called with M-x?
       [not found]     ` <87r461k24u.fsf@bzg.ath.cx>
@ 2014-03-17  2:18       ` Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2014-03-17  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> There may be something strange in my setup.  But can you quickly test
>> on the following org code?  I get the buggy behavour when the cursor
>> is on the firs heading (* lvl 1)
>
> Well, I don't find anything strange here... both TAB and
> M-x org-cycle RET do the same thing.
>
>> Thanks again , Bastien.
>
> De nada!

huh.  I guess I will have to try to figure that out.  in nay case,
thank you -- nad the remap command solved the problem for me anyway!~

matt