* custom agenda view w/ tag filtering?
@ 2012-09-26 19:46 Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2012-09-26 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Is it possible to define a custom agenda view with tag filtering, but
in a date tree as in the weekly agenda?  I know I can just filter by
tag with "/" in the agenda mode, but I'd rather define a filtered view
for a couple of tags.  is this possible? I realaly like seeing my
action items arranged by date, now that I've gotten used to doing
that!  Thanks,
Matt

* Re: custom agenda view w/ tag filtering?
@ 2012-09-26 21:56 ` Bastien
       [not found]   ` <CAN_Dec9SGZkLgoXD6WDWhhtLg=zWRy5rQUc3JinXAjGwMh2RgQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-26 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Price; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Matt,

Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:

> Is it possible to define a custom agenda view with tag filtering, but
> in a date tree as in the weekly agenda?

AFAIU yes: C-h v org-agenda-tag-filter-preset RET

--
 Bastien

* Re: custom agenda view w/ tag filtering?
       [not found]     ` <8739236et6.fsf@bzg.ath.cx>
@ 2012-09-27 14:49       ` Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2012-09-27 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org Mode

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 4:38 AM, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> (You forgot to CC the list...)
>
> Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 5:56 PM, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Matt,

>>> AFAIU yes: C-h v org-agenda-tag-filter-preset RET
>>>

>> this is cool and helpful.  I guess what I still don't understand is
>> how to construct a weekly agenda with the filter preset.  Would it be
>> something like this:
>>
>> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>> '((.....)
>>   (.....)
>>   ("t" agenda
>>      (( org-agenda-tag-filter-preset ("+teaching") )  )
>>  )
>>
>> ?
>
> Yes.
>
>> None of the examples in the manual
>> (http://orgmode.org/manual/Storing-searches.html#Storing-searches)
>> seem to define an agenda view organized by date.  at least, not as far
>> s I can tell.  Thank you again!
>
> Well, that's aonther issue -- the "agenda agenda" view (not the "TODO
> agenda" view) is ordered by time... but it's true that a TODO agenda
> view is not.  A feature I've some code for, but not for now.

thanks Bastien.  this is nonetheless almost exactly what I wanted, so
thank you so much for the help.  the code I used was in the end calls
org-agenda-filter-preset instead of binding
org-agenda-tag-filter-preset, because I don't know the right syntax
for the latter:

        ("t" agenda "Teaching Agenda"
         (( org-agenda-filter-preset '("+teaching") )  ) )