* Headline text special property
@ 2014-09-16 14:48 Brett Witty
From: Brett Witty @ 2014-09-16 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a special property that contains the text of a headline but not
the stars, todo, tags or any of that other data?

Alternatively, is there a way to clean up %ITEM before giving it to a
column-view?

BrettW

* Re: Headline text special property
@ 2014-09-16 16:36 ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-09-16 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Brett Witty <brettwitty@brettwitty.net> writes:

Hi,

> Is there a special property that contains the text of a headline but
> not the stars, todo, tags or any of that other data?

not a property, but functions:

,----[ C-h f org-heading-components RET ]
| org-heading-components is a compiled Lisp function in `org.el'.
|
| (org-heading-components)
|
| Return the components of the current heading.
| This is a list with the following elements:
| - the level as an integer
| - the reduced level, different if `org-odd-levels-only' is set.
| - the TODO keyword, or nil
| - the priority character, like ?A, or nil if no priority is given
| - the headline text itself, or the tags string if no headline text
| - the tags string, or nil.
`----

* TODO Test :mytag:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(save-excursion
 (outline-previous-heading)
  (nth 4 (org-heading-components)))
#+END_SRC

#+results:
: Test

or

,----[ C-h f org-get-heading RET ]
| org-get-heading is a compiled Lisp function in `org.el'.
|
| (org-get-heading &optional NO-TAGS NO-TODO)
|
| Return the heading of the current entry, without the stars.
| When NO-TAGS is non-nil, don't include tags.
| When NO-TODO is non-nil, don't include TODO keywords.
`----

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(save-excursion
 (outline-previous-heading)