* subscribing to this mailing list with gnus
@ 2013-02-07  5:40 42 147
From: 42 147 @ 2013-02-07  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

I don't know the correct port / address within the context of this code:

(setq gnus-select-method
    '(nntp "gmane.emacs.orgmode"
          (nntp-port-number 119)))

* Re: subscribing to this mailing list with gnus
@ 2013-02-07  8:50 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-07  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 42 147; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi John,

42 147 <aeuster@gmail.com> writes:

> I don't know the correct port / address within the context of this
> code:
>
> (setq gnus-select-method
>     '(nntp "gmane.emacs.orgmode"
>           (nntp-port-number 119)))

Please ask this to the Gnus mailing list.

 Bastien

@ 2013-02-07 20:44   ` 42 147
From: 42 147 @ 2013-02-07 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org Mode

How do I subscribe? I haven't been able to find a working address.

Thanks.

@ 2013-02-07 21:25     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-07 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 42 147; +Cc: Org Mode

42 147 <aeuster@gmail.com> writes:

> How do I subscribe? I haven't been able to find a working address.

http://www.gnus.org/resources.html

  http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general

There is also a user mailing list:

  http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.user

HTH,

--
 Bastien

@ 2013-02-07 23:38     ` Robert Eckl
From: Robert Eckl @ 2013-02-07 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

42 147 <aeuster@gmail.com> writes:

> How do I subscribe? I haven't been able to find a working address.
>
> Thanks.

The working address should be   "news.gmane.org"
I didn't specify a port-number.

You can add a Server (^^ in the groups-buffer) with gnus-select-method
"nntp" and server "news.gmane.org":

(setq gnus-select-method (quote (nntp "news.gmane.org")))

After opening the server <Space> the list of groups will downloaded
(takes a few minutes) and you can subscribe with "u"

Sure, the experts can explain this better.

HTH

Robert

@ 2013-02-08  1:32 42 147
From: 42 147 @ 2013-02-08  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> The working address should be   "news.gmane.org"
> I didn't specify a port-number.

> You can add a Server (^^ in the groups-buffer) with gnus-select-method
> "nntp" and server "news.gmane.org":

> (setq gnus-select-method (quote (nntp "news.gmane.org")))

> After opening the server <Space> the list of groups will downloaded
> (takes a few minutes) and you can subscribe with "u"

> Sure, the experts can explain this better.

Much, much, much thanks -- these simple instructions were exactly what I
was looking for, in particular the code to add to my .gnus.el.

I am responding right now in gnus.

* Re: subscribing to this mailing list with gnus
@ 2013-02-08  4:30 ` Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala @ 2013-02-08  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 42 147; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> I am responding right now in gnus.