* inlinetask html export template
@ 2011-08-08  7:35 suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-08-08  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

org exports inlinetasks to HTML as preformatted text, and uses the
style class inlinetask. I wanted to export inlinetasks as a section
("div" ?) but with the same style.

I don't know any HTML, but with some guess work I customised the html
template like this:

	      '((unless (eq todo "")
		  (format "<span class=\"%s %s\">%s%s</span> " class todo todo priority))
		heading content))

This takes care of replacing the preformatted block with a section but
the style isn't applied any more. Any ideas how I can achieve that?

--
Suvayu

* Re: inlinetask html export template
@ 2011-08-08  8:39 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-08-08  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> org exports inlinetasks to HTML as preformatted text, and uses the
> style class inlinetask. I wanted to export inlinetasks as a section
> ("div" ?) but with the same style.
>
> I don't know any HTML, but with some guess work I customised the html
> template like this:

> 	      '((unless (eq todo "")
> 		  (format "<span class=\"%s %s\">%s%s</span> " class todo todo priority))
> 		heading content))

Put your html file in nxml-mode and do a C-c C-n. You will know the
reason. Basically it produces an invalid xhtml.

<li>How is the Gaussian used for smearing of proper time resolution
   derived? <a href="http://www.google.com">Google</a> this.
</li>
<li>Why is the proper time error PDF needed? Why is
   smearing of time resolution not enough?
</li>
</ol>

@ 2011-08-08  8:51   ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-08-08  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jambu,

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Put your html file in nxml-mode and do a C-c C-n. You will know the
> reason. Basically it produces an invalid xhtml.

> <li>How is the Gaussian used for smearing of proper time resolution
>   derived? <a href="http://www.google.com">Google</a> this.
> </li>
> <li>Why is the proper time error PDF needed? Why is
>   smearing of time resolution not enough?
> </li>
> </ol>

But fixing that doesn't render the box either.

<ol>

@ 2011-08-08 10:35     ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-08-08 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Jambu,
>
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Put your html file in nxml-mode and do a C-c C-n. You will know the
>> reason. Basically it produces an invalid xhtml.

>> <li>How is the Gaussian used for smearing of proper time resolution
>>   derived? <a href="http://www.google.com">Google</a> this.
>> </li>
>> <li>Why is the proper time error PDF needed? Why is
>>   smearing of time resolution not enough?
>> </li>
>> </ol>
>>

> But fixing that doesn't render the box either.

> <ol>
> <li>How is the Gaussian used for smearing of proper
>    time resolution derived?
> </li>
> <li>Why is the proper time error PDF needed? Why is
>    smearing of time resolution not enough?
> </li>
> </ol>

May be there is no entry for inlinetask in the default css. For example,
if I add the following to css, I see the entry correctly formatted.

  div.inlinetask {
    color: red;
  }

Btw, you can get the div without any of the xhtml syntactic mess with
the HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS property and a regular outline (instead of a
deeply indented outline)

** Detector effects 					 :Qn:
   :PROPERTIES:
   :HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS: inlinetask
   :END:
1. How is the Gaussian used for smearing of proper time resolution
   derived? [[http://www.google.com][Google]] this.

Also note that with org-inlinetask NOT loaded, the headline is formatted
as a list because it is very deep (> H:? entry in #+OPTIONS line)

Jambunathan K.

* Re: inlinetask html export template
@ 2011-08-08 11:48       ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-08-08 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jambunathan,

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com> wrote:

> May be there is no entry for inlinetask in the default css. For example,
> if I add the following to css, I see the entry correctly formatted.

[...]

> Btw, you can get the div without any of the xhtml syntactic mess with
> the HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS property and a regular outline (instead of a
> deeply indented outline)

> ** Detector effects                                      :Qn:
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS: inlinetask
>   :END:
> 1. How is the Gaussian used for smearing of proper time resolution
>   derived? [[http://www.google.com][Google]] this.

I made a class like this in my custom.css:

div.inlinetask
{
    padding:10px;
    border:2px solid gray;
    margin:10px;
    background: WhiteSmoke;
}

Works well. Since I am also using the Worg css, the styling clashes a
little with everything else. Thanks to your pointers, I also found the
styling for "pre" there. I think I can work up a look I am happy with
based on this.

> Also note that with org-inlinetask NOT loaded, the headline is formatted
> as a list because it is very deep (> H:? entry in #+OPTIONS line)

Yes, I am aware of that. That is why I load org-inlinetask in my init
file. :) Having org export headlines as deep as an inlinetask (>=15) can
produce really weird section headings. I think it starts becoming weird
at H:4 or 5.

> Jambunathan K.

Thank you soo much for the help. :)

--