* No LaTeX preview if non-ASCII chars included
@ 2011-12-07 21:29 Andreas Domberg
From: Andreas Domberg @ 2011-12-07 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I'm trying to create latex previews using
org-preview-latex-fragment (c-c c-x c-l). Everything goes well as long
as there is no non-ASCII character included. I use IPA chars a lot. In
exports, I use xetex and the Libertine font, which supports them. I
suspect c-c c-x c-l has its own setup which bypasses my arrangements for
handling them.

Is it possible to link the preview-latex machinery with the export one,
or modify it accordingly?

Emacs: 23.1.1; org-mode: 7.7; Ubuntu 10.10

If the example doesn't display right: it contains unicode character no.
601 / #o1131 / #x259, 'LATIN SMALL LETTER SCHWA'.

\begin{center}
lorem ipsum ə
\end{center}

Kind regards
Andreas

* Re: No LaTeX preview if non-ASCII chars included
@ 2011-12-08  9:15 ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-12-08  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Domberg; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 22:29, Andreas Domberg <a.domberg@t-online.de> wrote:
> Is it possible to link the preview-latex machinery with the export one, or
> modify it accordingly?

I have similar issues. I think org just uses the preview machinery for
auctex. So asking for a preview just uses the auctex defaults. I
haven't yet had the time to look into what to customise to resolve
this. Hopefully my comments will help you arrive at a solution. If you
do, I would be interested to know.

Thanks and GL

--
Suvayu