* Something like refile + make destination/subtree?
@ 2011-08-01 12:12 John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2011-08-01 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Would it be possible to specify a custom tree when refiling? I know if
a tree exists one can type a bit of it and use tab completion on the
existing file trees, but would it be possible to create a tree on the
fly? If a Level 1 headline existed, for example, but not the desired
Level 2, one could type in "File.org/Level1/Level2" and it would be
created for you and the refile snippet would be refiled under it?

Would this be useful for anyone else, or does something like it already exist?

It seems like a variable might allow for this fairly easily.
'org-refile-create-on-the-fly' or something...

Thanks for any input,
John

* Re: Something like refile + make destination/subtree?
@ 2011-08-01 12:42 ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-08-01 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 2:12 PM, John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems like a variable might allow for this fairly easily.
> 'org-refile-create-on-the-fly' or something...

Try:

(setq org-refile-allow-creating-parent-nodes 'confirm)

--
Suvayu