* Bug: Priority-Down Sort Method Prevents Further Sorting in Daily Agenda
@ 2013-04-22 17:24 Nick Daly
From: Nick Daly @ 2013-04-22 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

First, Bastien (and everybody), thanks for all the work done on the
8.0 release.  It's wonderful, aside from the occasional bug :)

Second, that occasional bug: Priority-down (and presumably,
priority-up) in the org-agenda-sorting-strategy prevent further
sorting from occurring in the weekly/daily agenda.

For example, when sorting with the following strategies for the
weekly/daily agenda, the agenda's order is a bit screwy:

- habit-down
- time-up
- priority-down
- deadline-down
- scheduled-down
- category-keep

Unfortunately, as shown below, the default sort methods apply:
deadlines occur after the scheduled events, and we're using the
deadline-/scheduled-up sorting method instead of the correct -down
methods:

    todo:        Sched. 6x:  TODO [#A] Reply to Can't Find Directory Issue
    todo:        Scheduled:  TODO [#A] Run Search and Fix Utility
    todo:        Scheduled:  WAIT [#A] Find Entity Relationship Diagrams
    todo:         5 d. ago:  TODO [#A] Run Search and Fix Utility
    todo:        In   2 d.:  WAIT [#A] Find Entity Relationship Diagrams
    todo:        Sched.42x:  WAIT Unavailable Note List
    mail:        Sched.21x:  TODO FW: ICE DIAG
    calendar:    Sched. 4x:  Weekly Team Meeting
    todo:        Scheduled:  TODO Design Draft

The desired and correct order of the above events, based on selected
sort methods, is:

    todo:        In   2 d.:  WAIT [#A] Find Entity Relationship Diagrams
    todo:         5 d. ago:  TODO [#A] Run Search and Fix Utility
    todo:        Scheduled:  TODO [#A] Run Search and Fix Utility
    todo:        Scheduled:  WAIT [#A] Find Entity Relationship Diagrams
    todo:        Sched. 6x:  TODO [#A] Reply to Can't Find Directory Issue
    todo:        Scheduled:  TODO Design Draft
    calendar:    Sched. 4x:  Weekly Team Meeting
    mail:        Sched.21x:  TODO FW: ICE DIAG
    todo:        Sched.42x:  WAIT Unavailable Note List

Thanks for your time,
Nick

* Re: Bug: Priority-Down Sort Method Prevents Further Sorting in Daily Agenda
@ 2013-04-24  9:54 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-24  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Daly; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Nick,

Nick Daly <nick.m.daly@gmail.com> writes:

> Unfortunately, as shown below, the default sort methods apply:
> deadlines occur after the scheduled events, and we're using the
> deadline-/scheduled-up sorting method instead of the correct -down
> methods:

From the docstring of `org-agenda-sorting-strategy':

  scheduled-down     Sort by scheduled timestamp, late first

Here "late" means oldest, so the order you get seems okay to me.
Maybe try with deadline-up and scheduled-up and see if it solves
the issue?

Otherwise please send me an minimal example file I can test
directly, those issues are difficult to track down.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien