* Google Summer of Code 2013?
@ 2013-03-26 15:05 Waldemar Quevedo
From: Waldemar Quevedo @ 2013-03-26 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Org-mode community,

Are there any plans to participate this year in Google Summer of Code?
(Sort of short notice since the deadline is fastly approaching: March 29)
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2013

Surely there are some ideas that could make it!

* Re: Google Summer of Code 2013?
@ 2013-04-06  0:17 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-06  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Waldemar Quevedo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Waldemar,

Waldemar Quevedo <waldemar.quevedo@gmail.com> writes:

> Are there any plans to participate this year in Google Summer of Code?
> (Sort of short notice since the deadline is fastly approaching: March 29)
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2013

I do not have time to handle this this year.

GSoC is nice, but the fact that students get paid and mentors don't
get paid can create frustrations, especially when mentors are also
active contributors of the community.  It's double work for them,
at least this is my experience.

We were lucky enough to have three GSoC projects last year, and from
all the students we had, only Thorsten continues to contribute here.
This is a good result, but maybe Thorsten would have contributed
anyway -- so a bit disappointing in terms of "recruitment".

> Surely there are some ideas that could make it!

That's for sure.  Maybe next year?

We can continue to store ideas on Worg any time.

--
 Bastien