* strange behavior with org-babel python
@ 2015-05-12  1:07 Doyley, Marvin M.
From: Doyley, Marvin M. @ 2015-05-12  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi there,

If run the follow codes I get the following, could someone explain to me what is going wrong

(1) The desired results
#+BEGIN_SRC python :results output :exports both :session
x=5
def foo(x):
	if x>0:
		return x+1
	else:
		return x-1

print(foo(x))
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: 6

(2) No results
#+BEGIN_SRC python :results output raw :exports both

x=5
if x>0:
	x= x+1
else:
	x= x-1
print(x)
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:

(3) Not sure, why I get this error
#+BEGIN_SRC python :results output raw :exports both :session

x=5
if x>0:
	x= x+1
else:
	x= x-1
print(x)
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:

    else:
         ^
IndentationError: unindent does not match any outer indentation level

If you want to paste code into IPython, try the %paste and %cpaste magic functions.

PS in .emacs, I have (setq org-babel-python-command "ipython --no-banner --classic --no-confirm-exit")

* Re: strange behavior with org-babel python
@ 2015-05-12  3:20 ` Puneeth Chaganti
From: Puneeth Chaganti @ 2015-05-12  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doyley, Marvin M.; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 6:37 AM, Doyley, Marvin M.
<mdoyley@ur.rochester.edu> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> If run the follow codes I get the following, could someone explain to me what is going wrong
[snip]
> PS in .emacs, I have (setq org-babel-python-command "ipython --no-banner --classic --no-confirm-exit")

To reliably paste code blocks into IPython, you will have to use
%cpaste magic command.  See any of these links[1][2][3] for code you
can reuse.

[1] - https://github.com/punchagan/dot-emacs/blob/master/punchagan.org#python-customizations
[2] - https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-03/msg00405.html
[3] - http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/3859/working-setup-for-ipython-in-babel

Hope that helps,
Puneeth

* Re: strange behavior with org-babel python
@ 2015-05-12  9:10   ` Doyley, Marvin M.
From: Doyley, Marvin M. @ 2015-05-12  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Puneeth Chaganti; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Thanks, this works when I use :session,
but I don’t get any results when I am not running a session.
Doy you know why this is the case?

Cheers,

@ 2015-05-13 17:49     ` Puneeth Chaganti
From: Puneeth Chaganti @ 2015-05-13 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doyley, Marvin M.; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Doyley, Marvin M.
<mdoyley@ur.rochester.edu> wrote:
> Doy you know why this is the case?

I'm not sure what is going on here, and have not been able to
reproduce your problem.  What version of Emacs and Org-mode are you
using?