* Computations on properties
@ 2013-10-09 12:19 Thierry Pellé
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Thierry Pellé @ 2013-10-09 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
  I'm seeking how to do something like that

Let the following text inserted in an org-mode file

* Mean Calculation
 :PROPERTIES:
 :VAL1: 5
 :VAL2: 10
 :COEF: 10
 :END:

I would like to append the result of a computation
like RES=(VAL1*COEF+VAL2)/(COEF+1)

Something like
* Mean Calculation
  :END:

Mean Calculation=RES (where RES is the value of the result)

I think to do this with a python script but is there a more org-mode/emacs
method to do it?

Thanks
Thierry

PS: I don't want to use org spreadsheet