* org-publish-project yields "Eager macro-expansion failure"
@ 2015-06-16 20:59 Julien Chastang
From: Julien Chastang @ 2015-06-16 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello.

Frequently, when I try to org-publish-project, I get a "Eager
macro-expansion failure"

The message buffer and backtrace are available here:

https://gist.github.com/julienchastang/98b268e9601882d8d81c

Indeed, I can simply reproduce this problem by calling

(load-with-code-conversion "<path>/elpa/org-20150615/ox-html.el"
"<path>/elpa/org-20150615/ox-html.el" nil t)

which gets called somewhere  in the org-publish-project invocation
(see backtrace). So I am concluding the error has nothing to do with
my project.

What can I do to publish my project again?

Many thanks.

--
Julien Chastang
Scientific Software Developer

* Re: org-publish-project yields "Eager macro-expansion failure"
@ 2015-06-17 13:47 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2015-06-17 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Julien Chastang <chastang@ucar.edu> writes:

> Hello.
>
> Frequently, when I try to org-publish-project, I get a "Eager
> macro-expansion failure"
>
> The message buffer and backtrace are available here:
>
> https://gist.github.com/julienchastang/98b268e9601882d8d81c
>
> Indeed, I can simply reproduce this problem by calling
>
> (load-with-code-conversion "<path>/elpa/org-20150615/ox-html.el"
> "<path>/elpa/org-20150615/ox-html.el" nil t)
>
> which gets called somewhere  in the org-publish-project invocation
> (see backtrace). So I am concluding the error has nothing to do with
> my project.
>
> What can I do to publish my project again?
>
> Many thanks.

Can you try with uncompiled code? See

(info "(org) Feedback")

for how to do that.

There are two possibilities:

o you'll still get the error, but the backtrace will be much
  more informative.
o you will not get the error - IME, problems that disappear when
  run with uncompiled code are harder to debug. But that would still
  be interesting information.

In the latter case, a minimal example that triggers the error would
be useful.

--
Nick

* Re: org-publish-project yields "Eager macro-expansion failure"
@ 2015-06-17 23:44   ` Julien Chastang
From: Julien Chastang @ 2015-06-17 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nick,

Thanks for the feedback. I ultimately fixed this problem by moving my
org-mode customizations in my emacs initialization file after the
package initialization of orgmode.org/elpa. I somehow think this
problem is related to having two versions of org floating around, one
from emacs itself and the other from orgmode.org/elpa. (My emacs
initialization file is done via tangle/org-babel so I have to have org
available from the start, I presume.) BTW, this problem would occur in
several situations. For example, when I was trying to get an agenda
view. At any rate, the issue is resolved for now.

Thanks again for your suggestions.